cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG GL702VI strange blur/haloing on some games

Dreano
Level 7
Hi
I have a RoG GL702VI which performs well with many games. However there are some that seem to have a strange bright edge/halo around objects when turning the camera. This I have seen on Assassin's Creed Odyssey and Civilisation VI. I wondered if it was a graphic option but no matter what I do it is always there. I will say I had this show up on other games like Horizon 4 and Shadow of the Tomb Raider but they no longer have this issue. I don't think it is a driver issue as it shows up on different drivers (currently on 416.34. Is it an issue with the display? I say this because if I record vid via MSI Afterburner and play it back on another display it's not visible. I only see it on this laptop. What could the cause be? Any advice would be appreciated.
2 REPLIES 2

lenpaw
Level 7
Hi. I've got Gl703GS and I experience the same problems.
I thought that this is a driver problem, but when you've said that your screen captures doesn't show on other computers you've made me worried.
It seems to be a display problem. Maby G-sync? I don't know.

lenpaw wrote:
Hi. I've got Gl703GS and I experience the same problems.
I thought that this is a driver problem, but when you've said that your screen captures doesn't show on other computers you've made me worried.
It seems to be a display problem. Maby G-sync? I don't know.

Hi. Yeah. Pretty sure it's not a driver issue. A workaround I've found is to set the game at say 720p and there's no weird blur. But I increase the res using the ingame slider. So for example with Assassin's Creed odyssey it's set to 768p I believe but I increase res by 160% which gives me slightly above 1080p and I can still get 60fps. But this only works with games that have a scaler in their menu. I intend to get in touch with Asus about this all the same as it's not right.