cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS warranty work globaly or not???

Vlada011
Level 10
What if someone bring fabric sealed ASUS ROG GPU in ASUS box from Europe, like this and buyers register on his name,
is it possible to have regular warranty over serial number from period of ASUS Shipping date...

Inside is probably regular ASUS Box.
I just ask because I look some option to upgrade my GPU and I afraid to buy products without warranty.

10 REPLIES 10

xeromist
Vlada011 wrote:
What if someone bring fabric sealed ASUS ROG GPU in ASUS box from Europe, like this and buyers register on his name,
is it possible to have regular warranty over serial number from period of ASUS Shipping date...

Warranty service is provided in the region of purchase. So if you import a product from a different region it would be your responsibility to get the item back to the region of purchase for warranty service. Note that a region includes multiple countries so international import is fine within the same region. Check the warranty details to see what countries are in your region.

Please start a separate thread if you have more concerns.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
Warranty service is provided in the region of purchase. So if you import a product from a different region it would be your responsibility to get the item back to the region of purchase for warranty service. Note that a region includes multiple countries so international import is fine within the same region. Check the warranty details to see what countries are in your region.

Please start a separate thread if you have more concerns.

Thanks on answer, I will avoid than purchase.
With EVGA is different, you can RMA everywhere if problem show up, that's much easier.
I have nice option for Poseidon but I don't want to send hardware to Netherland even if thats only 5% chance that something is wrong.

Vlada011 wrote:
Thanks on answer, I will avoid than purchase.
With EVGA is different, you can RMA everywhere if problem show up, that's much easier.
I have nice option for Poseidon but I don't want to send hardware to Netherland even if thats only 5% chance that something is wrong.

EVGA did start with an international warranty in 2011 BUT its still a PITA. The Buyer STILL has to pay shipping to service center in region of origin.
Guess what is written in huge red letters at the very top of their warranty?

PHYSICALLY DAMAGED MOTHERBOARDS, INCLUDING BENT CPU SOCKET PINS, ARE NOT COVERED BY WARRANTY.

EVGA will even cross ship if you want BUT its not really cross shipping. They basically send you a refurb AND YOU PAY FULL RETAIL FOR IT!!! Once they receive the returned card, board whichever the case may be and determine it is a warranty item and not rejected they then begin to process a refund on your purchase of the refurb.

Unfortunately the business of warranties, particularly with consumer electronics, has become a very tightly policed part of the business unit. This stance was forced across the industry as a whole due to actions of the consumer. Turns out there are too many who are dishonest and will break, fry, cook or by other means render inoperable then file a warranty claim. In this particular instance when I see gouged up, cracked and wallowed out parts whether it be a shield or the PCB it hits the rejected list. If its received new like that then send it back immediately so its not your problem down the road. Will that scratch render the board inoperable? Absolutely not. Can operational damage be caused while doing whatever it was that caused this scratch that is not overtly in the open, actually in a protected area that 99% of the time is damaged from jamming boards into the top PCIE slot, Absolutely yes. Stupid comparison........You own a tire store. You have sold thousands of the same time with no issues. A customer shows up with a flat yelling about the POS tire and how the sidewall just blew out. Upon inspection of the exploded tire you note that the remaining 3 have repeatedly used as curb feelers with damage to the sidewall....

Also as a rule of thumb, go directly to ASUS by filing an online ticket so its in the system at the HQ and not just a back ally shop where the owner has a brother in the repair business.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
EVGA did start with an international warranty in 2011 BUT its still a PITA. The Buyer STILL has to pay shipping to service center in region of origin.

EVGA will even cross ship if you want BUT its not really cross shipping. They basically send you a refurb AND YOU PAY FULL RETAIL FOR IT!!!

That is not true, the product will be shipped to the nearest service center. They have on in US but also there is one in Germany and Taiwan (from top of my head). Sending refubs as a replacement is nothing uncommon, ASUS does it plenty of time too. They do cross ship, but even more, they will pay for your shipping (credit card blockade) that will get released on valid RMA if you ask nicely enough.

Dont try to somehow make ASUS look good here. Restricting product warranty just because someone bought it in different country is scummy move that I'm surprised is still allowed under consumer trading laws (hopefully EU would do something with it soon).

Because WTF, you buy ASUS gpu in one country and magically, when you cross border, it ceases to be ASUS?

xeromist wrote:

... The first is that they sometimes have different products. Yes some are the same worldwide but others have slightly different configurations at different price points depending on the local market. So if you sent a foreign product locally for RMA the local shop might not have the part(s).

...Another reason might be financial or legal but you'd have to ask ASUS about that.

A product is identified by product number, under same product number an item can be identified regardless or country of sale. There are no multiple GTX1080TI ROG STRIX with different model numbers for each country. They are all same.

Modern day service centers are limited to inspection and validation of RMA (if no user damage) and then parts (in the very rare scenario of repair, because most of electronics are now made to be replaced in whole) are ordered from the source.

The financial reason? Oh of course, its much more profitable for ASUS to deny RMA to people who simply bought something in different country and when it breaks, have them buy new thing
Dargus Maximus
~Explorer ~Engineer ~Guide
My Youtube channel - PC modding, streaming, gaming

Vlada011
Level 10
Damn, this was solid option if price drop little on 500-550 euro to improve little my PC with one 1080Ti Poseidon.
But if situation with warranty is so risky I can't risk. I must look for other option for some watercooling GPU.
RTX price is insane.

Vlada011
Level 10
I understand why ASUS didn't replaced damage motherboard... They could, I would do that to customer, but I understand they didn't want, OK.
Maybe guy who damaged Strix mobo overreact.

I don't understand why brand new hardware no worldwide warranty over serial number from shipping date of ASUS to reseller.
Special for brand who have office in almost every country. If I buy EVGA hardware in Hungary (example) I could RMA there or I could send in Germany.
Once I got option to buy cheaper GPU from USA, in that moment I had option to get cheaper hardware from USA.
I asked if hardware is DOA, I want to know I need to send from Europe to EVGA USA for RMA.
They say No, you can send to EVGA Europe Office no matter did you bought from Hungary or USA or anywhere, if you don't have invoice we know shipping date over serial number. And in worse scenario your warranty is not 3 years if you bought hardware 1 year after launch date, it's 2 years or 18 months on depend of date of sending to seller.

Vlada011
Level 10
I'm mean it's not mine hardware, I don't care, only nice chance to upgrade, but I told to seller,
You should bring GTX1080Ti K|NGP|N I would bought because on him I have worldwide warranty.

xeromist
I went ahead and split this thread off. Might be useful for other people to find it.

Regarding why they have different regions? Probably several reasons. The first is that they sometimes have different products. Yes some are the same worldwide but others have slightly different configurations at different price points depending on the local market. So if you sent a foreign product locally for RMA the local shop might not have the part(s).

I know that ASUS also contracts repair work to 3rd parties so perhaps some of them have a regional agreement which would be problematic if they had to repair products from elsewhere.

Another reason might be financial or legal but you'd have to ask ASUS about that.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist
Yes, just speculation of course.

Another thing to consider is why someone is trying to do this in the first place. That may provide some insight as to why companies have these policies. There are going to be some customers who buy products and physically move their whole lives to another region of the world but I suspect the number of those people is small. I do feel sorry for them.

I suspect a lot of cross-warranty cases are people importing via grey market or buying products while on holiday because they are cheaper or the exact item is unavailable in their own country. For the former, manufacturers feel no obligation towards someone who buys grey market and denies the manufacturer and its retail partners the higher profit margin. For the record I agree that pricing products differently by region is shady but a lot of companies do it and use denial of warranty as a deterrent, such is life. And for those buying a product that isn't available...if it's not available to you then it's not going to be stocked at service centers either.

I should confess I am guilty of the above as well. Some years back I bought a new 32" BenQ monitor. It had limited availability in the US and sellers had marked it up here. I bought one from Canada because it was cheaper but I did so knowing I was taking a gamble. If there was a problem I would have had to ship it back to Canada. Luckily everything turned out OK though.