cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G701VIK BIOS versions?

JorisS
Level 7
Hi all

trying to figure out issues I'm having with my fans ramping up like mad in idle, even in BIOS... (https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?105622-G701VIK-loud-and-erratic-fans)
Also, fans are showing 0 RPM at all times, even when they're definitely spinning at several thousand 😉

On the ASUS site I can't seem to find any BIOS older/other than 305 - it's listed under the "Drivers & Tools", under the BIOS section I don't get any hits when I chose the VIK:

https://www.asus.com/uk/Laptops/ROG-G701VI/HelpDesk_Download/

If I chose VI, there are two BIOSes (304 and 301).
The 305 supports XG Station 2, this is the BIOS that was on the laptop when I received it.
Was there never an older BIOS for the VIK model?

If yes: does anybody have the older versions and could upload them somewhere, or contact me by PM to send them directly by mail?
I would like to test an older BIOS version and see if that makes any difference.

Can I use 701VI BIOS on the 701VIK?
4 REPLIES 4

jdfrench3
Level 12
There appears to be a couple earlier BIOS versions. There also seems to be an effort by ASUS to not provide copies of them (my opinion). I think it is because many people tried to mod the BIOS(s).

While in your BIOS have you tried to load the default settings (F9)?

Finally, I think you are going to need a copy of the original eSupport folder. There may be some software that ASUS provides in that eSupport folder that is required to get your laptop to work.

You should ask for ASUS help on this forum. Put the help support request in the title of your forum thread along with your complete laptop model number.

Good Luck
G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
Homebuilt Windows Server

Thanks again.

Not sure what you mean exactly how to get Asus help in here?

I PMed a reply to you.
G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
Homebuilt Windows Server

JorisS
Level 7
Thanks, got it.

Any idea if the 304 bios for VI model would be safe to test? Mostly the same hardware except for GPU and CPU I think?