cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW ASUS Maximus XI Gene

Vlada011
Level 10
.... and look beautiful.:cool:
This is moment when you want new even if you didn't planned.

I'm so happy because people who will build nice mATX platform. To be honest past few years they didn't had proper mATX option.
Why mATX need 3 slots and no small PCI-E x1.
I never understand, special if no enough PCI-E lanes for SLI x16.

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/ROG-MAXIMUS-XI-CODE/

Great job ASUS.
With this kind of motherboards, PCI-E x1 slot above x16 I could use horizontal GPU bracket in Lian Li PC-O11 WXC.
8+8 pin CPU, heatsink for M.2, dual DIMM for OC, place for dedicate sound card, massive heatsink allow CPU Block only without fear even if you overclock.

I go to ask 8 negative comments on 300 people who dislike board what is wrong with them.
They forgot taste for hardware in kindergarten, preschool.

Combo of 9th Generation, i9-9900K + Maximux XI Gene.
Comeback with style, ASUS mATX Maximus.
Yes ATX for X299. Definitely mATX with option for dedicate sound for Z390.

EKWB will build Monoblock probably???

I didn't saw price, actually I didn't find in stores but my recommendation is WAIT.
Good luck with build guys.

Difference from previous Strix mATX is obvious, this is Formula class only smaller size, for single graphic card.

16 REPLIES 16

Menthol
Level 14
If you look on HWBOT this board is being used to set world records, it looks much better in hand then the pictures show, waiting on a CPU to set mine up with.

The DIMM.2 card with heatsinks looks very nice and should do a good job of keeping your fast M.2 drives from throttling, the orientation of headers on the bottom of the board are needed in case you have a top end video card that uses a 3 slot cooler.

Menthol wrote:
If you look on HWBOT this board is being used to set world records, it looks much better in hand then the pictures show, waiting on a CPU to set mine up with.

The DIMM.2 card with heatsinks looks very nice and should do a good job of keeping your fast M.2 drives from throttling, the orientation of headers on the bottom of the board are needed in case you have a top end video card that uses a 3 slot cooler.

I believe, board have big heatsink and shield for I/O... it's high class mATX, not mid.
As lower Formula-Extreme. I really like her.
Maximus XI Gene in Lian Li PC-O8 WX is perversion. Or PC-O6/O7 Wall Mount.

This case (Mine) is not too big for mATX if next motherboard is not E-ATX or ATX???
Special if thicker radiator as GTR/GTX/SR-2 are on floor and pump/res combo in corner they cover good part of empty space.

I bought and nice Aluminium Lian Li TS-02B 12 pack Motherboard Screws for hand installation.
I don't need screwdriver any more to install mobo. 9 smaller and 3 bigger if some heatsink or shield are near hole.

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Gene and Impact boards are phenomenal for memory overclocking, will be interested to see where the ceiling is.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Menthol
Level 14
Do you know if the new i9 CPU's are any better with high freq memory than the current gen CPU's? I picked up a G Skill 4500mhz kit, was tempted by a Corsair 4700mhz kit which was on Newegg but opted for the G Skill

I want to set up this board but currently have no extra CPU's laying around, may have to pick up the 8600K that is at the local Best Buy store while I wait for a 9900K

SinisterDev85
Level 11
I really had no idea the Gene mobos were so good. I've never built a pc on anything other than a standard ATX board.
I've had my sights set on the Hero XI Apex, but there has still been no release date published. All the new ROG Motherboards, with the exception of the regular Hero xi, were sold out on the sites I typically shop on. I ended up ordering the Hero XI, but if we get a release date for the Apex soon, I might return it and get one of those... Although I will admit, Im intrigued by the Gene too now.
ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | i9 14900ks | | G. Skill Trident Z5 8000 | 2x WD SN850x 4gb | Asus Strix RTX 4080 OC| Asus ROG Thor 1200w | Windows 11 Pro

SinisterDev85
Level 11
Im also curious about what Menthol was asking. About whether or not higher frequency ram's performance scales better on the 9th gen cpus. Crazy 4000+mhz ram just wasn't in my budget lol, however i did spring for a newer CL14 Trident Z 3200mhz kit instead of the cheaper CL16 kits rated at the same speed. I heard that it's possible to OC CL14's to 4000mhz by loosening up the timings. Supposedly when loosened to CL16 they overclock significantly better than the CL16 kits do. Im looking forward to assembling my new PC and experimenting with all this stuff!
ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | i9 14900ks | | G. Skill Trident Z5 8000 | 2x WD SN850x 4gb | Asus Strix RTX 4080 OC| Asus ROG Thor 1200w | Windows 11 Pro

Menthol
Level 14
I just installed my Gene in a Lian Li Air, very nice case that can accept Mini to E-atx with plenty of room for custom water

Menthol wrote:
I just installed my Gene in a Lian Li Air, very nice case that can accept Mini to E-atx with plenty of room for custom water

Great choice. Have the Lian li PC-011 Dynamic for the Formula. One of the best midi-towers I've ever used.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Vlada011
Level 10
My new radiator arrive now for Black Friday, Black Ice Nemesis GTX360 than I will finally build computer.
I every day look my new case, can't wait to build.
But I choose classic version of Lian Li, PC-O11 WXC, look more for adult persons and finer edges and glass have.
I knew he was good, but I didn't believe he is so precisely done.