cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z370 E massive issue.

Waldherz
Level 9
Everytime I boot it goes to the part where you see the windows icon the first time and the dots that go in a cirlce. THen my screens go into sleepmode and I KNOW that the PCs boots, according to sounds etc blablabla not important.
The only way to get a picture is by opening the bios before the first boot (I touch very precisely 0 options, i just open it and close it) or by pressing the reset button when my screeens turn off.
I tried a clean bios, with and without OC, i tried different ram, i tried older bios, i tried drivers, i tried removing stuff, i tried other GPUs, I tried other outputs, i tried two PSUs, I reseated everything. I figured around in bios for weeks.
Asus support is refuising to help me, claiming it must be my Powersupply (Yea...must be cuz it works on second boot 100% of the time no issues at all. Probably some trainee there at support). I also cant send it back because I dont even get a chance for RMA and the place where I bought it from also doesnt wan tit back cuz its too late. My CPU is 100% fine and so are my GPUs and my RAM.
8 REPLIES 8

Clintlgm
Level 14
Sounds like a booting issue to me, have you turned off Fast boot in your BIOS and Fast Start in Windows. It sounds like your only shutting down to Hybrid Sleep and then not waking up correctly. That the reason you can shut down and open BIOS and the you will boot.
Another thing to look at is your boot sector, Macrium Reflect has a feature to repair boot problems and it works very well at fixing boot problems.https://kb.macrium.com/KnowledgebaseArticle50168.aspx
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Clintlgm wrote:
Sounds like a booting issue to me, have you turned off Fast boot in your BIOS and Fast Start in Windows. It sounds like your only shutting down to Hybrid Sleep and then not waking up correctly. That the reason you can shut down and open BIOS and the you will boot.
Another thing to look at is your boot sector, Macrium Reflect has a feature to repair boot problems and it works very well at fixing boot problems.https://kb.macrium.com/KnowledgebaseArticle50168.aspx
I disabled fast boot and even used different drives for my windows. What's most disappointing here is how Asus Refuses to help me with this.

What GPUs did you try? I had a similar prob with my GTX 970 until i updated its ROM.

pokuly wrote:
What GPUs did you try? I had a similar prob with my GTX 970 until i updated its ROM.

RTX 2080tis.i really don't want to cut their guts open

I guess that's what we get for cheaping out and buying 370 or 390 chipsets. A lack of control and quality from the manufacturers side.

Waldherz wrote:
I disabled fast boot and even used different drives for my windows. What's most disappointing here is how Asus Refuses to help me with this.

Yes, its most likely a windows issue I would look into this windows 10 forum for help with windows 10 https://www.tenforums.com/
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Sounds possibly driver related. Use Windows 10 installation media and boot to this. Select repair, then select Start Up settings. From here you can access VGA mode on reboot.

Once in the OS, install the latest drivers from the NVIDIA website, as well as Intel Chipset drivers.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone@ASUS wrote:
Sounds possibly driver related. Use Windows 10 installation media and boot to this. Select repair, then select Start Up settings. From here you can access VGA mode on reboot.

Once in the OS, install the latest drivers from the NVIDIA website, as well as Intel Chipset drivers.

Now I have people telling me to not install latest drivers and I have people telling me to install the latest which I usually do. I might test this but tbh... I just want to throw this project away. Too many problems already with latest Bios and drivers and windows and the new cards. This is just stupid and I never had any issues like that before. I also have never seen any like this.. I have to admit that I give up for now after weeks of trying to fix this with the latest drivers and Bios and reinstalling software and hardware.