cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aura Sync Select Effect

spaccossa
Level 7
What is the "Select Effect" function in Aura ?? What does it do?

6 REPLIES 6

Abaidor
Level 9
Nothing, I am almost certain this is a GUI error and it should not be a button. It does not exist in previous versions I guess.

It means "Select and effect from the above list" and it should be a label....
Asus Rampage VI Extreme | i9-7940X | 64GB Trident Z RGB 3600 | Asus Strix 1080Ti OC | Samsung 960 Pro 512GB | WD Gold 10TB | WD Red 4TB X 2 | PSU Corsair AX1500i | Custom Water Loop - RAD MO-RA3 420 Pro | EK Monoblock | Phanteks GPU Block | Heatkiller 200 Tube RES | EK Dual D5 Revo Pumps | 9 X Corsair ML 140 Pro Fans on RAD | | Bitspower Fittings Black Chrome | Cooler Master Cosmos 2 Modded Case | Silent WIngs 3 120mm Intake |

Abaidor wrote:
Nothing, I am almost certain this is a GUI error and it should not be a button. It does not exist in previous versions I guess.

It means "Select and effect from the above list" and it should be a label....

I think you're absolutely right!

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
These is future function and as far is my knowledge, is related to the new port on the Z390 board called NODE
Learn, Play Enjoy!

Abaidor
Level 9
Well then you are supposed to click an effect from the list above, it will then appear on the right and then maybe confirm it by pressing the "Select Effect" button....

I don't have it so I am making wild guesses here.....
Asus Rampage VI Extreme | i9-7940X | 64GB Trident Z RGB 3600 | Asus Strix 1080Ti OC | Samsung 960 Pro 512GB | WD Gold 10TB | WD Red 4TB X 2 | PSU Corsair AX1500i | Custom Water Loop - RAD MO-RA3 420 Pro | EK Monoblock | Phanteks GPU Block | Heatkiller 200 Tube RES | EK Dual D5 Revo Pumps | 9 X Corsair ML 140 Pro Fans on RAD | | Bitspower Fittings Black Chrome | Cooler Master Cosmos 2 Modded Case | Silent WIngs 3 120mm Intake |

gonzopoo
Level 7
Not a future function, just a poorly explained function. Not sure of other games or programs that support it but this currently works with Black Ops 4. Just tested it out. Currently once you have "Select Effect" selected it will use your previous setting Static, Breathing, Color Cycle, etc when NOT in game. Once you have black ops loaded in it will switch to a black ops-esque orange "Breathing" effect. Once in an actual game it will stay the same color but switch to a static orange color. Once you DIE in game it will switch to a solid Red color, once respawned again it will switch back to orange. After your game is over and you're back in the main menus it will switch back to the breathing orange. Once you exit the game it will go back to your previously selected lighting effect. Very cool feature but seems pretty simple. Was hoping it would show more details IE low ammo, low health, kill streaks or something but I can only imagine that will add more details (hopefully) - only tested 1 multi-player game of team deathmatch, haven't tried other MP modes, blackout or zombies.

"ASUS AURA GAMING: Immersive Gaming Experience with RGB Lighting

Call of Duty®: Black Ops 4 is optimized for PC and we’ve collaborated with Activision to give the ROG community a totally unique experience that’s only possible with Aura Sync-enabled hardware. When playing Call of Duty®, your RGB lighting gives you a competitive edge, signaling changes in environment and offering crucial visual cues based on the in-game action. With rows of keys that change color when your health drops and switch off as your ammo runs low, you’ll be more in tune with the game and better equipped to handle high-stress situations.

*To enable Call of Duty®: Black Ops 4 lighting effects on Aura Sync-enabled hardware (other than desktops and notebooks), please download the latest Aura Sync utility from https://www.asus.com/campaign/aura/us/download.html"

Edit: after reading the description i should note I only have RGB in my PC no ROG accessories like mouse/keyboard/monitor. Currently have z370e mobo with tridentz RGB ram (2x8gb) and 2 rgb "strips" (2 strips daisy chained, and 3 fans daisy chains - in aura sync each setup is considered its own "rgb strip"). Maybe with more peripherals more details will be shown, or maybe the other features just aren't released yet.

Edit 2: I spoke too soon, the COD effects are automatic and have nothing to do with select effect. I apologize.

There is very little support in the game. needs more game list support. i need Asus aura sync same ambilight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeUG5eZvenk