cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need to register with Asus for my 2 year warranty?

emgray
Level 7
Hello everyone,

2 months ago I bought a GL503VM in the UK which comes with a 2 year warranty. I just wanted to know if I need to register the laptop online with Asus for the warranty to apply or if the PDF invoice that the seller sent (AO.com) will be enough if there were to be any issues.

Some advice would be appreciated.

Thanks for reading.
7 REPLIES 7

haihane
Level 13
if there's an asus service center near you, or an asus authorized service partner, drop by there with your laptop's serial number (you can take picture of the serial number, and that should be enough).

they will check and confirm it for you. they should also tell you your end of warranty date.
because that's what i did that one time.
no siggy, saw stuff that made me sad.

haihane wrote:
if there's an asus service center near you, or an asus authorized service partner, drop by there with your laptop's serial number (you can take picture of the serial number, and that should be enough).

they will check and confirm it for you. they should also tell you your end of warranty date.
because that's what i did that one time.

Thanks for getting back to me.

How would they know that I bought the laptop in August by my serial number, wouldn't the serial number just show the time when the laptop left Asus? (which could have been months before the date I actually received it on)

haihane
Level 13
i had a defective RT-AC88U. wireless went dead in one week.
i don't know, that's what i saw at their screen when they asked for my router's serial number. the dude even showed his screen to me.

just to be doubly safe then, bring your purchase receipt and show it to them too?
no siggy, saw stuff that made me sad.

If you book and RMA for any reason with ASUS then you need only provide the original PDF proof of purchase that shows when you bought it from AO
the POP if provided by yourself will then be put on the ASUS system for the service center to acknowledge.

You dont "NEED" to register with ASUS, but it never hurts.

If you cannot provide a POP, then the warranty is considered to be valid from when the unit was shipped from ASUS, which given my experience can range from 1-3 months prior to purchase from end user.

Clintlgm
Level 14
Yes, i would register it. You set up an Asus Account in order to get into this forum so all you need to do is register it in my products Asus Support Download log int to your account from there and you'll find a link to register a new product
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

JustinThyme
Level 13
Register it. It activates the warranty and you don't have to worry so much about the receipt anymore. Other nice caveats? All your devices, im several pages deep, are listed there. You can get to support pages for downloads and log tickets with serial numbers auto filled all from your account page.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

Vlada011
Level 10
I always register and write name or source I bought.
Not only because warranty, I like that to nicely register my products, to write date and source and later when I log to remember products I had.
I'm very sad when some hardware serve me nice when I need to sell him for upgrade, that's hard moment for me and always look some less demanding gamers who will use them in original condition and play games only.
Yesterday I register my GTX1080Ti Poseidon.