cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bios setting wont take

Mavellion
Level 7
Hello I own a Stirx x99 gaming motherboard I experiencing a weird issue my bios overclocking settings wont take and when I boot into windows its like I have not touched a thing to do with core frequency any help would be appreciated
4 REPLIES 4

mulderfox
Level 7
Have you saved the changed settings before exiting BIOS? Is it updated to the latest BIOS version?

mulderfox
Level 7
Have you saved the changed settings before exiting BIOS? Is it updated to the latest BIOS version?

krantrold
Level 7
Problem are intel microcode update
if you use Broadwell E cpu
no more oc until new Bios are made

HiVizMan
Level 40
Hello there,

could you go into Windows and see what your last update was and what the build of your Win10 install is. I suspect that your system is one that is effected by the Oct Update by Windows.

There is/are ways of reversing this of course. The most obvious one is to roll back all updates and physically remove the dll file in your windows system folder.

Some folks have had success by using a modified bios that has adjusted microcode inserted. There is a thread here on the forum that discussus this latest gift from Microsoft.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.