cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPU Tweak Assist

Swoldier
Level 7
Hi All,

Need some advice on fan curving settings on my ASUS 2080Ti.

Like for example :

@65 Degrees fans run at 60%
@70 Degrees fans run at 70%
@75 Degrees fans run at 75%
etc...

Any advice on doing this. I know running the GPU fans at 100% all the time is not good long term and only if the GPU is overheating.

thanks guys
3 REPLIES 3

Nate152
Hi Swoldier

60% at 65c looks good to me, GPU Boost 4.0 allows your gpu to retain the clock speed at a higher temperature vs. GPU Boost 3.0.

I never had any problems running my gpu fans at 100% for any amount of time, it's just a little noisy.

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Swoldier wrote:
Hi All,

Need some advice on fan curving settings on my ASUS 2080Ti.

Like for example :

@65 Degrees fans run at 60%
@70 Degrees fans run at 70%
@75 Degrees fans run at 75%
etc...

Any advice on doing this. I know running the GPU fans at 100% all the time is not good long term and only if the GPU is overheating.

thanks guys

These things are entirely subject, my advice would be to play with the fan curve and see what works best for you. You might get some ramping using those settings.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Carlyle2020
Level 10
I have my 2080 ti for a week now and it took me until today to tweak my fanscurves to my satisfaction.
So i feel you 🙂

The most insight for me was to test how well my case handles prolonged heat.
I used the motherboard sensor to see how warm the case gets under gaming loads.
That let me to clean my dust filters.

Then i ramped up my case fancurve to a point that the sound was not distracting using my headphones.

No point starting with the GPU fancurve if your enviroment isn't at its best beforehand i say.

60 degree c seems a backed in plateau where the card dials down a peg in clocks.

My cards 3x80?mm fans run silent until 50 degree and ramp up to 1800 rpm until i reach 57 c.
🙂 I admit i cheat a little (see below)

For games that's it.

Benchmarks raise it higher:

70% starts at 58c
80% starts at 70c
90% starts at 75c
100% starts at 80c

Testing the fans at 100% i want to switch my keyboard and mouse for a RC Controller unit since it fells like something inside wants to lift off.
At least they run smooth at 100%. Yours will too. The Strixs fans have more mass outside than in the middle due to the ring. That helps with smoothing out low rpm but has a tipping point before 100% when they get unbalanced due to centrifugal forces weighing more heavily on that design.

disclaimer:
These numbers are useless for you i am afraid. They are catered to my case and my cold room temp:
The 180mm fan (running at 400rpm up to 1000) under the GPU is directly connectd with it since my GPU had a fan header.
The proximity lets me run that thing very cold with low rpm.
I imagine having to tweak again after my RTX and tensor cores wake up.

Good luck tweaking !