cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus PRIME X299-DELUXE: how enable X.M.P. in the BIOS .... ?

FoxAdriano
Level 11
Hi, I have just updated my Asus PRIME X299-DELUXE BIOS. I have configured something in the BIOS but I'm extremely inexperienced about BIOS. I'd like to enable X.M.P. on the first screening but I don't know how to do it. On the pic I attach you can see X.M.P. is disabled.

Another question please: is it better I choose "On" on Intel Rapid Storage Tecnology? Now it is "Off"

Another question please: Why doI have this problem on Device management Panel? Maybe do I have to install "Asmedia_USB3.1-3.0_Driver_Win10_V116472_20171108"? But when I try to install it I get an ERROR. It is not compatible with my device.
With my PC I make videoediting in UHD (4K)

Thanks for your info.
14 REPLIES 14

MoKiChU
Level 40
FoxAdriano wrote:
Hi, I have just updated my Asus PRIME X299-DELUXE BIOS. I have configured something in the BIOS but I'm extremely inexperienced about BIOS. I'd like to enable X.M.P. on the first screening but I don't know how to do it. On the pic I attach you can see X.M.P. is disabled.

Hi,

You just have to click on the XMP button to select your XMP profile and activate it

FoxAdriano wrote:
Another question please: is it better I choose "On" on Intel Rapid Storage Tecnology? Now it is "Off"

You only have to activate it if you want to do a RAID

FoxAdriano wrote:
Another question please: Why doI have this problem on Device management Panel? Maybe do I have to install "Asmedia_USB3.1-3.0_Driver_Win10_V116472_20171108"? But when I try to install it I get an ERROR. It is not compatible with my device.
With my PC I make videoediting in UHD (4K)

Thanks for your info.

I do not think it's related to ASMedia USB 3.x drivers because these are included in Windows since Windows 10 (like Intel USB 3.x drivers).

Could you get the hardware ID of one of the unknown devices so that we can know which drivers are missing ? : Right click on one of the Unknown device > Properties > Details tab > Hardware ID number

Which version of Windows do you use? If Windows 10, which build do you use (To see this : Windows + R > winver > Enter) ?

FoxAdriano
Level 11
This is the ID number of the first unknown device: USB\ASMEDIAROOT_HUB\5&1EF6B9E6&0&0
My Windows 10 version is this: 1803 (build SO 17134.345
Thanks for your help.

FoxAdriano wrote:
This is the ID number of the first unknown device: USB\ASMEDIAROOT_HUB\5&1EF6B9E6&0&0
My Windows 10 version is this: 1803 (build SO 17134.345
Thanks for your help.

Hi,

You were right, it's related to to your ASMedia USB 3.x drivers.

Here are the latest drivers for ASMedia USB : https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?118061-DRIVERS-ASMedia-SATA-USB

MoKiChU wrote:
Since the controller type is not indicated in the naming of the device in your Device Manager, you need to check your DEV hardware ID : Press Windows key + X > Device Manager > Right click on your ASMedia USB3.x eXtensible Host Controller device in Universal Serial Bus controllers category > Properties > Details tab > Hardware Ids :

...DEV_1xxx... = ASM1xxx
...DEV_2xxx... = ASM2xxx
...DEV_3xxx... = ASM3xxx

Note : Your ASMedia USB Root Hub & ASMedia USB3.x eXtensible Host Controller devices must be updated in tandem.

FoxAdriano
Level 11
Thanks a lot a lot a lot. I solved that problem about unknown devices.
But I didn't solved the other problem about X.M.P. In fact if I click on it I se another writings: Profile 1.
You wrote: "You just have to click on the XMP button to select your XMP profile and activate it". I don't see any button. Sorry. Where is it precisely? Look at my first pic please.

FoxAdriano wrote:
But I didn't solved the other problem about X.M.P. In fact if I click on it I se another writings: Profile 1.
You wrote: "You just have to click on the XMP button to select your XMP profile and activate it". I don't see any button. Sorry. Where is it precisely? Look at my first pic please.

In XMP : Click on "Disabled" > Click/Select "Profile#1" > "Yes" and your XMP profile will be activated.

FoxAdriano wrote:

Click on "X.M.P." > Click/Select "Profile#1" > "Yes" and your XMP profile will be activated.

FoxAdriano
Level 11
I thank you for your availability. Now I need the last suggestion please. because I'm totally inexperienced. I don't like a overclocked PC because it overheats and lasts less over time. I make easy videoediting with Edius 9 and it uses only the processor, not videocard.

My PC with only SSDs:
CPU: Intel i9 7940X
MOTHERBOARD: Asus PRIME X299-DELUXE
VIDEOCARD: NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti
DIMM DDR4 32GB G.Skill PC 3200 CL14 KIT (4x8GB) 32GTZR Tri/ Z RGB [F4-3200C14Q-32GTZR]
I can accept only a very little overclock and I don't know how much my PC is overclocked.
In the meantime I worked on the BIOS I saw some screens I attach them.
In your opinion is my PC a little or a lot overclocked? Maybe is it better I disable X.M.P. and I choose 3600 MHz?
What can I do precisely? I'd like to have only a little more powerful PC.
THANKS a lot for your suggestions.

FoxAdriano wrote:
I thank you for your availability. Now I need the last suggestion please. because I'm totally inexperienced. I don't like a overclocked PC because it overheats and lasts less over time. I make easy videoediting with Edius 9 and it uses only the processor, not videocard.

My PC with only SSDs:
DIMM DDR4 32GB G.Skill PC 3200 CL14 KIT (4x8GB) 32GTZR Tri/ Z RGB [F4-3200C14Q-32GTZR]
I can accept only a very little overclock and I don't know how much my PC is overclocked.
In your opinion is my PC a little or a lot overclocked? Maybe is it better I disable X.M.P. and I choose 3600 MHz?

I advise you to activate the XMP profile of your RAM, and disable ASUS MultiCore Enhancement :

BIOS > Press F7 to go to Advanced Mode > Ai Tweaker tab :

- Ai Overclock Tuner : XMP
- ASUS MultiCore Enhancement : Disabled

Press F10 to save & reset.

MoKiChU
Level 40
FoxAdriano wrote:

My PC with only SSDs:

I advise you to activate the XMP profile of your RAM, and disable ASUS MultiCore Enhancement :

BIOS > Press F7 to go to Advanced Mode > Ai Tweaker tab :

- Ai Overclock Tuner : XMP
- ASUS MultiCore Enhancement : Disabled

Press F10 to save & reset.