cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X99 are freezing help!

Herofiles
Level 7
Hello, i just format my PC, all drivers, gc are up to date.

Sometimes the PC are freezing in 1-5 seconds - then back to Normal for 1-5 seconds and then freezes til i turn of the computer.

Anyone got any idea why this is happening, and how i can fix it?
5 REPLIES 5

Vlada011
Level 10
This happen to me before few days and scared me pretty good.
My first opinion I swear in god was Nooo, not now, I don't have money for CPU and Motherboard. 🙂

Procedure in such situation is Boot in Safe Mode.... msconfig. > Boot check Safe Mode.
I wait 3 minutes because extreme lag and freezing to finish my commands. Pressing one by one font and button.
If everything work normal in Safe Mode it's good chance that some driver or software make problems.
If situation is same than problem is more serious.

In my case everything was fine and problem cause last NVIDIA driver on GK110 GPUs.
In my case caused lag and freezing if I move something in software like MSI Afterburner and EVGA Precision.
I even scared that PCI-E slot make problem, but driver was problem and now I use first NVIDIA driver for Windows 10 x64 and no more problems.

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Can you confirm what CPU?
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

HiVizMan
Level 40
Herofiles wrote:
Hello, i just format my PC, all drivers, gc are up to date.

Sometimes the PC are freezing in 1-5 seconds - then back to Normal for 1-5 seconds and then freezes til i turn of the computer.

Anyone got any idea why this is happening, and how i can fix it?

Hello my buddy, that is one of my favourite chipset platforms right there.

Could you list your hardware, the entire system spec please.

Bios version and how you are cooling the system.

And finally if you have made any changes to the BIOS, even if only to enable XMP would you share those with us.

The more information you provide the easier it is to fix possible issue with you.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
Hello my buddy, that is one of my favourite chipset platforms right there.

Could you list your hardware, the entire system spec please.

Bios version and how you are cooling the system.

And finally if you have made any changes to the BIOS, even if only to enable XMP would you share those with us.

The more information you provide the easier it is to fix possible issue with you.

X99 is mine favorite as well.
That doesn't mean I would not change him for one little Rampage VI Apex and one little i9-9.....hmmmmm 820X... ENOUGH. 🙂

HiVizMan
Level 40
@Vlada011 It is sweet the Apex but my wallet is not big enough for the CPU I want...
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.