Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    ROG Member Array

Hello everyone,

I have very good news about downgrading Intel ME on my Maximus X motherboard
    I am very happy to say that, thanks to Marius4313, I managed to downgrade to the original version that ASUS released with bios 1704.
    That is 11.8.55.3510. And everything changed completely for me, the sound coming from the sound card is now crisp and loud and the stereocrosstalk is just gorgeous again. I also managed to set back my timings to 15-16-36-1T @ 3333 Mhz. I feel my computer smooth and very responsive now all together it works like a charm
    I guess that ASUS tests these firmware thoroughly before releasing them, for full compatibility with their boards. So I suggest you don't install the generic, non-configured firmware before they are official. It made a huge difference for me, at least in my case.

Again, thank you very much Marius4313!!!

Quote Originally Posted by extremeredline View Post
    I have not tried to downgrade as I do not see any problems yet. I might wait till Asus releases an me fe that would overwrite the version I installed or am I sol and I need to reflash 11.8.55.3510 for it to install a me fw that asus provides. As of right now my drivers are from this site and current and I don't see any issues. What are the problems people were having with the newer fw that made them want to flash back.

ROG Member Array

I disagree MoKiChU, I don't want to be rude or anything, but first of all, you talk about vulnerability.. well my internet service is provided by RCS-RDS as I am from Romania. They have powerful firewall behind the internet. And windows has it's own security patches, not to mention, my ASUS router already has it's own security holes patched.
    And about what you said that there are two parts in Intel ME, then I could think that the updated part that comes with new firmware isn't compatible with part 2, the one configured by ASUS. It too must be made 100% compatible with new firmware. At least that is my assessment on how my computer works with original firmware. Also, I believe that if this was so important and dangerous for users, I's sure ASUS would have updated it by now.

Quote Originally Posted by MoKiChU View Post
    Hi,

Congratulations, you are now vulnerable to all security breaches since Intel ME 11.8.55.3510 ...

It's wrong. The Intel ME firmware consists of 2 parts, one CODE (global) and the other DATA (manufacturer specific). The Intel tool used to flash the Intel ME firmware (FWUpdLcl64.exe) only flashes the CODE part, the DATA portion is not affected and remains as ASUS has configured on the latest flashed BIOS.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Guitarmageddon888 PC Specs
    Guitarmageddon888 PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus x code bios1704
    Memory (part number)8700k 5.1/4.9avx
    Graphics Card #1MSI 2080 gaming trio
    MonitorHP Omen 27"
    Storage #1Samsung 970 m.2
    Storage #2Samsung 860 evo
    CPU CoolerH150i
    CaseLian li pc011
    Power SupplyEvga supernova g3 850w
    Keyboard Corsair k70
    OS Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by Realnick06 View Post
    Also, I believe that if this was so important and dangerous for users, I's sure ASUS would have updated it by now.
    Haha do you not recall the whole live update fiasco? Yeah.....

ROG Junior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by MoKiChU View Post
    To DELETE
    Thank you for your job!
    But why deleted? Was it unsafe to update? Should I worry if I've already updated?
    Last edited by Fautor; 06-24-2019 at 04:57 PM.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Realnick06 View Post
    Hello everyone,

I have very good news about downgrading Intel ME on my Maximus X motherboard
    I am very happy to say that, thanks to Marius4313, I managed to downgrade to the original version that ASUS released with bios 1704.
    That is 11.8.55.3510. And everything changed completely for me, the sound coming from the sound card is now crisp and loud and the stereocrosstalk is just gorgeous again. I also managed to set back my timings to 15-16-36-1T @ 3333 Mhz. I feel my computer smooth and very responsive now all together it works like a charm
    I guess that ASUS tests these firmware thoroughly before releasing them, for full compatibility with their boards. So I suggest you don't install the generic, non-configured firmware before they are official. It made a huge difference for me, at least in my case.

Again, thank you very much Marius4313!!!
    so how did you do it?
    i too have audio problems :/
    Last edited by Supr4; 06-24-2019 at 06:06 PM.

ROG Member Array

I copy paste the solution for those with VIII hero that want to downgrade the firmware.

I have managed to downgrade thanks to someone in private message. and now instead of having from before ME FW 11.8 + ME FITC 11.0 i have ME FITC version 11.6 (and fw 11.6 too), strange. static audio sound is unchanged but the whole system is a LOT faster, incredible.

The bios version 0401 had unlocked ME read and write. i used usb flashback to flash it, still had me fw 11.8, then i tried to use the tool under windows but still refused. i then tried to flash bios 3802 with usb flashback and it worked!

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array MoKiChU PC Specs
    MoKiChU PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Strix Z370-F
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-8700K
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 2666MHz CL16 - 16GB (2 x 8GB)
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1080 Ti OC
    MonitorASUS ROG Strix XG35VQ
    Storage #1SSD Samsung 960 EVO 256GB
    Storage #2SSHD Seagate 2TB
    CPU CoolerCooler Master ML240L RGB
    CaseBitFenix Enso
    Power SupplyCorsair TX850M (850W)
    Keyboard Logitech G413
    Mouse Logitech G502
    Mouse Pad PECHAM MPad-XXL
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z333
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

Hello everyone,

New version of Intel Management Engine (ME) Consumer Firmware has just been released :

- Intel Management Engine Consumer Firmware - Latest version [19/05/2019] :
    ----Firmware : 11.8.65.3606
    ----Download : https://mega.nz/#!kJ9hWAIK!ZSHCGQvpM...o5caPW8czGLGnM

--------Check current version process : Launch "Check.cmd" (Right click > Run as administrator)

--------Install/Update process : Launch "Install.cmd" (Right click > Run as administrator) > ... Processing ... > Automatic restart of your PC at the end

Thread updated.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6