Power SupplyCorsair RM1000
    Keyboard Logi K800
    Mouse Mamba Chroma
    Headset Hyper X
    Mouse Pad Goliathas
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    Network RouterASUS DSL AC88u

Quote Originally Posted by elmor View Post
    Seems ok to me. Just 50x ratio set, offset + 0.100V, Tjmax = 115*C.

1.48v for 5ghz?!?
    Should have shot way higher with that amount of juice.
    Last edited by sherriffjb; 10-29-2018 at 07:44 PM.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by sherriffjb View Post
    1.48v for 5ghz?!?
    Should have shot way higher with that amount of juice.
    That's the requested VID before load-line is applied etc. Anyhow I just needed to get the power consumption up to verify there's no 200W limit.

ROG Member Array

Gamersnexus is preparing a teardown/board analysys of the Maximus XI hero board, by the way I purchased the XI hero anyway, I have been using Asus for 15 years and in the end could not really change my favorite brand I appreciate everyone here that explained the 4/8 phases of the hero. I'm still unhappy about it but at least is not as bad as it initially looked like. I will wait for the Teardown, Asus really needs to explain these phases properly it partly looks as if they were being deceptive on purpose, not nice.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by BLACKSAMA View Post
    Gamersnexus is preparing a teardown/board analysys of the Maximus XI hero board, by the way I purchased the XI hero anyway, I have been using Asus for 15 years and in the end could not really change my favorite brand I appreciate everyone here that explained the 4/8 phases of the hero. I'm still unhappy about it but at least is not as bad as it initially looked like. I will wait for the Teardown, Asus really needs to explain these phases properly it partly looks as if they were being deceptive on purpose, not nice.
    Do not replace this big and beautiful brand, my life is Asus, I never and never give up for anything.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCit...eowRTmR-Y0v_EQ

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Zammin PC Specs
    Zammin PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula
    ProcessorIntel 9900K (Conductonaut Applied)
    Memory (part number)G Skill 3200Mhz Trident Z RGB 32GB 3200Mhz CL16
    Graphics Card #1RTX 2080Ti FE
    MonitorAcer Predator XB271HU 165Hz
    Storage #1Samsung 970 EVO 2TB M.2 NVME SSD
    Storage #2Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD
    CPU CoolerEKWB Velocity RGB
    CaseLian Li PC-011 Dynamic
    Power SupplyCorsair RM1000i
    Keyboard Corsair K95 Platinum RGB
    Mouse Steel Series Rival 600
    Headset Astro A50 (Gen 2)
    Mouse Pad ASUS ROG Scabbard
    Headset/Speakers JBL LSR305 Mk II
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Sorry for being a bit late to the party here, but I've just ordered the Maximus XI Formula to go with my 9900k, shortly after I've discovered that it seems to have the same VRM layout as the Hero. If I read correctly, earlier in this thread it was stated that the power stages are 50A units, but looking at the Z370 tier list so were the previous Maximus X boards: https://external-preview.redd.it/5UN...=webp&a234c36a

I bought the Z390 Formula as I wanted to upgrade from my Maximus X Code to something with better overclocking potential for the 9900k, but if they have the same number of 50A power stages and the same number of phases, then the only real difference is the model numbers of some of the components and the extra 4-pin EPS connector.. Does that really make it an upgrade from the Maximus X lineup?

I saw Steve from HU released another video today testing the Z390 Hero against other boards and it had one of the hotter VRMs, he also said the CPU required more voltage on that board than the other 3 he tested... This goes against what I was always led to believe, in that the ROG boards were generally some of the best for overclocking..

I am a bit concerned now, I absolutely love the looks and feature sets on the ROG boards and the BIOS is fantastic. But it almost looks like the power delivery wasn't upgraded at all from Z370.. For $719 AUD I would've expected a really good power delivery setup. Have I misunderstood something here? I hope I have :/
    Last edited by Zammin; 11-04-2018 at 12:40 AM.

ROG Member Array

Hardware unboxed conclusion the hero is a 4 power phases board, also performs the worst of the bunch, can someone from Asus clarify to their consumer base what is going on here PLEASE:

https://youtu.be/6lAE3PgWoRc?t=446

The conclusion (brutal actually).

https://youtu.be/6lAE3PgWoRc?t=1248
    Last edited by BLACKSAMA; 11-03-2018 at 04:23 PM.

ROG Member Array

I would also like to know what is going on... very very fishy

Has Asus ROG lost their will to produce high end products in favor of higher profit margins?

I am just about returning my Maximus XI Hero, still in the 30 day return phase...

ROG Member Array

This is bad. I'm not happy now. On top of this the board is locking up randomly, not detecting IDE drives at boot randomly and generally behaving like a low quality component.

ROG Enthusiast Array pokuly PC Specs
    pokuly PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS PRIME Z370-A
    ProcessorSpectre inside i7 8700k
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200C14D-32GTZSW
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GTX 970 SC
    MonitorASUS VN279QLB@75Hz
    CPU CoolerThermalright Macho
    Power SupplySuperflower 550W

Quote Originally Posted by Sineira1 View Post
    This is bad. I'm not happy now. On top of this the board is locking up randomly, not detecting IDE drives at boot randomly and generally behaving like a low quality component.
    Sorry for my Off-Topic. My Z370-A throttles because of VRM heat with mild overclocks already when tools report 150Watt for the 8700k while a cheaper ASRock z370 has no problem to deliver 200Watt.
    Seems like Asus found a way to maximize profit with a cheap trick.

ROG Junior Member Array

I’ve got a Max X Hero and Prime Z370-A both with 8086Ks (9900K hasn’t arrived yet).
    There is a massive difference in those 2 motherboards. With no AVX offsets, the Hero does 5.0 @ 3.6v, the Prime does 4.8 @ 3.6v. The Prime boards are awful.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast