Mouse Pad ROCCAT HIRO+
    Headset/Speakers CORSAIR SP2500 2.1
    OS WINDOWS 10 HOME EDITION
    Network RouterVIRGIN MEDIA SUPER HUB 3 350 Mbps
    Accessory #1 3X CORSAIR 140 ML PRO FRONT INTAKE FANS
    Accessory #2 1X CORSAR 140 ML PRO EXHAUST FAN
    Accessory #3 2X CORSAIR 120 ML PRO RADIATOR FANS

Quote Originally Posted by Zammin View Post
    Can you actually see the lighting on the motherboard when it's turned on though? You can't on the Formula unless you turn off all other nearby light sources. It's disgraceful considering the gleaming light traces they show in all of their pictures. My Maximus X Code's lighting looks just like it does in the images on the website, which is how it should be. But for the XI Formula they've deliberately edited the images in such a way that makes the lighting look fantastic, knowing that in reality it's barely there at all. There's a separate thread on the issue in this section of the forum and some users thought their lighting wasn't working because they couldn't even see it until I suggested they turn off all other light sources.

Regarding the CPU usage, I know what you're talking about. Try setting the lighting to static colours and the lighting control process should stop eating up CPU resources. That worked for me.
    Yeah I can see the lights through a tinted glass panel but they're very dim. Yep I've got my ram on static, shame though. Whats weird is if u put it on default it goes rainbow and doesn't use any cpu. I'm sure all us rgb freaks get ram like this after watching numerous videos on how great it looks. The slight performance increase I got going from 2666 to 3200 is massively offset by losing 5% of my cpu! Aurus is s**t. They could have got rid of it and given us a decent vrm instead! I can't even speak to Asus about any of this because they say my serial number took from cmd prompt isn't the right one. I sold my old mb/cpu and had to ship it in my xi box. I keep my boxes for everything and the one box I get rid of, is the one I need typical!

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Ch3vr0n PC Specs
    Ch3vr0n PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus XI Formula
    ProcessorCore i9 9900k @ 4.7GHZ (XMP)
    Memory (part number)CMD16GX4M4B3200C16-ROG
    Graphics Card #1Asus Strix GTX 1080 A8G
    Sound Cardon board
    MonitorASUS VG278HR & ASUS VK278Q
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Pro 512 GB & 970 EVO 2TB
    Storage #23X HGST 10TB, 1x HGST 4TB
    CPU CoolerScythe Mugen 5 PCGH
    CaseCooler Master Cosmos II
    Power SupplyCorsair AX860i
    Keyboard Corsair k95 RGB Platinum
    Mouse Corsair M65Pro RGB
    Headset Corsair Voide Wireless SE
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM300
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z-906
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64
    Network RouterNetgear XR500
    Accessory #1 Xbox One Elite Wireless Controller
    Accessory #2 2X Corsair LL140, 4x Corsair LL120
    Accessory #3 1x Corsair LED RGB Pro expansion kit

You do know the serial number should be present on the back of the board right? It is on my VIII & XI Formula, back of the board, just above the cpu socket.

ROG Member Array Adam170 PC Specs
    Adam170 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG MAXIMUS HERO XI
    ProcessorI9 9900k
    Memory (part number)2 X 8 GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE RGB 2666
    Graphics Card #1MSI 2080TI LIGHTNING Z
    Sound CardSOUND BLASTER Z
    MonitorACER PREDATOR XB271HU
    Storage #1SAMSUNG EVO 970 M. 2
    CPU CoolerCORSAIR H100I V2
    CaseCOOLER MASTER MASTERCASE PRO 5
    Power SupplyEVGA T2 1000W
    Keyboard CORSAIR K65
    Mouse LOGITECH G502 PROTEUS SPECTRUM
    Headset BEYER DYNAMIC DT 990 PREMIUM 250OHM
    Mouse Pad ROCCAT HIRO+

Quote Originally Posted by Ch3vr0n View Post
    You do know the serial number should be present on the back of the board right? It is on my VIII & XI Formula, back of the board, just above the cpu socket.
    Yeah I know it's my 1st build and took me a day to peice together, didn't want to take it all apart as I can't see no through back of case. All good though, guy I sold my old VIII to sent me the number. Its all registered know. Thanks anyhoo, Adam.

ROG Member Array Adam170 PC Specs
    Adam170 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG MAXIMUS HERO XI
    ProcessorI9 9900k
    Memory (part number)2 X 8 GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE RGB 2666
    Graphics Card #1MSI 2080TI LIGHTNING Z
    Sound CardSOUND BLASTER Z
    MonitorACER PREDATOR XB271HU
    Storage #1SAMSUNG EVO 970 M. 2
    CPU CoolerCORSAIR H100I V2
    CaseCOOLER MASTER MASTERCASE PRO 5
    Power SupplyEVGA T2 1000W
    Keyboard CORSAIR K65
    Mouse LOGITECH G502 PROTEUS SPECTRUM
    Headset BEYER DYNAMIC DT 990 PREMIUM 250OHM
    Mouse Pad ROCCAT HIRO+

Quote Originally Posted by mdzcpa View Post
    I doubt a response is coming. They know they stretched their marketing speech until it broke with that "twin 8 phase" language. That said, if you are after some kind of explanation from Asus, read that X299 Deluxe review I linked. Asus seems to have offered up their opinion on the matter to the Tech Report. But even so, they will down play it because they know they won't win in the phase count war no matter what they say.

I'm not an Asus apologist. I continue to use the Hero XI even after the bait and switch marketing crap because the board simply works. I was disappointed originally and stalled the build (you can read in the thread). So I gave the MSI a whirl. Nice VRM set up. But a day and a half with their UEFI put an end to that endeavor. The memory support was poor as well. Point being, the Hero XI still works best for me all aspects considered. I certainly wouldn't change out the board over this knowing what I know about hands on performance. But I agree 100% Asus should reply and clean up the mess. If their competition irons out their UEFI I will definitely be open minded on my choices. I won't be alone.
    Yeah I've read all the info and a few reviews of the x299 deluxe 2, they seem to have used a vrm config that works and i agree from my few weeks with it. One of the vids that started all this from gamers nexus while slagging the board off uses phrases like (Sic689 freaking amazing. Getting rid off doublers reduces latency. Running in parallel reduces 400nh to 200nh. Spreads power between the "8" phases pretty well.) Sounds like good stuff to a layman like me. The only really bad things he said were they used a cheaper voltage regulator, maybe this is because it only needs to power 4 phases and doesn't need anything else? Also that it isn't the most efficient. So in his slating of the vrm it came across to me that maybe the asus engineers do know what they're doing. I've been monitoring my vrm temps and have yet to see a number higher than the low 40's while my cpu is hitting 80,so the cpu is going to throttle way before the vrm does. I'm coming round to the fact that it isn't in anyway a bad board. Thanks for pointing me towards the x299, they're clearly confident that this configuration works and so am I. Just wish they'd explain why they've done it this way. They've clearly got 8 physical phases I doubt it would have made much difference in cost to run them in series instead of parallel. They chose to run them in parallel so I'm sure they had their reasons.

ROG Guru: Platinum Belt Array Rockford's Avatar

Anyone have PCB fiberglass purity spec. on the Crosshair x470?

ROG Junior Member Array

I need a new motherboard after I broke my current X Hero. But this time I'm going for a Gigabyte Aorus instead of Asus. I hope that Asus learns their lesson stop lying and that their motherboards get more in-line with prices of other major motherboard manufacturers (for what you get vrm-wise, etc.

I believe that they have become too big a player and needs to have their sales worsen a bit to become more humble. (This is true for almost all big companies)
    Last edited by bedrup; 02-18-2019 at 11:24 AM.

ROG Junior Member Array

I have a 9900k and a hero x that I want to change, right now I have three options one is the maximus x formula and the other two are the maximun XI hero or code.

with all the problems with the vrm being a 4 fat phase, the power delivery from the other 4 pin connector in the board and all the others things will some one recommend me to keep the z370 maximus X formula or go for XI hero or code?

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array Phillyflyer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by baez.91 View Post
    I have a 9900k and a hero x that I want to change, right now I have three options one is the maximus x formula and the other two are the maximun XI hero or code.

with all the problems with the vrm being a 4 fat phase, the power delivery from the other 4 pin connector in the board and all the others things will some one recommend me to keep the z370 maximus X formula or go for XI hero or code?
    If you currently have the X Formula and happy with it..there is really no need to go to XI Formula or Code as the difference is rather minimal...IMHO
    Asus ROG Maximus XI EXTREME
    Intel i7 9900K OC'D @ 5.2 GHZ @ 1.345V (1.296V LOAD) LLC 6 PRIME 95 STABLE 8 HRS
    XSPC RX360 Rad (6)Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1850 RPM Fans In Push/Pull @ 1500 RPMS
    Swiftech Drive II / Swiftech MCP35X Pump
    Enermax Platimax 1200 Watt Power Supply
    32GB G.Skill F4-3866C18Q-32GTZR 3866 MHZ CL18 1.35V (OC 4266MHZ 17-18-18-41-2T @1.45V)
    MSI GTX 1070 SEA HAWK EK X SLI WITH ASUS HB RGB
    (5)Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB In Raid 0
    (2) WD 1TB Black Edition
    Corsair 900 D

ROG Junior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Phillyflyer View Post
    If you currently have the X Formula and happy with it..there is really no need to go to XI Formula or Code as the difference is rather minimal...IMHO
    what i have right now is the maximus x hero. so there will be no diference with overcloking and temps?*
    Last edited by baez.91; 03-29-2019 at 12:11 AM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Hello , i read the entire thread , and watch the videos about Buildzoid VRM Explained on ASUS Maximus XI Hero | Technical Deep-Dive
    look like he is engineering and know what he doing , also read aloot topic on reddit and other youtube video , i was planning in make a new rig with i9 9900k , my currently PC is i7 3930k with asus rampage IV extreme motherboard (the best mobo in the year 2011 and 2012) , is old stuff and my PC starting to have problem , sometime she dont re boot after turn off and on automatically fews time and then she take the boot , i remove cpu cooler re paste , clean it , flash bios (both bios , this mobo have two bios) , and problem persist , is hardware and is time to new one PC

ok after i read the asus mobo 1151 in this generation basically no the top of the line of this generation with the vrm (honestly i never do OC and i will never do , i buy good high end product for run high by default for no to do OC and the PC can have more life)

the question is no worthh to buy the asus maxim XI code for the i9 9900k ? , asus still no fixed the vrm problem ? should i wait for the next generation of mobo ? they will make new model for the intel i9 9900k with better vrm ? or the next generation asus mobo is for when the i9 10th generation release and this gene mobo z390 is the last gen for i9 9900k ?

thanks for the help and recommendations (other motherboard brand are out of option)
    Last edited by Yuniel; 09-27-2019 at 09:44 AM.

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 LastLast