cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z270E suddently black screen, can't go to bios

Sylvain998
Level 7
Hi,

After working perfectly for 1 year, suddently when I was reading my mails, my screen turn black without possibility to turn of or reset the computer.
The screen stay black on my GTX 1080 displayport and on the integrated displayport/HDMI from the Z270E, tested with another monitor.
So I can't do anything. The computer doesn't emit any beep at power on, but the fan, the HDD the leds and all seems working.

Since that happened for no reason without doing anything special, I'm pretty sure it's hardware related and I suspect the Z270E. I will try tonight to remove the ram, but someting tell me it will not resolve anything. All in this build is from a year.

Is there a known problem with this motherboard? My warranty is 2 years, I think I will be forced to make a move in this direction.
7 REPLIES 7

Sylvain998
Level 7
Hi,

Only the VGA in orange is on

EDIT: Sorry after looking a second time it seems the orange light is the DRAM.

I know my next step now.

Sylvain998 wrote:
Hi,

If you unplug your graphics card (to switch to the iGPU), and you plug your monitor on DP/HDMI of your motherboard/iGPU, how are the Q-LED ?

Sylvain998 wrote:
Hi,

I know my next step now.

Can you try booting with one of the RAMs, then the other

MoKiChU
Level 40
Sylvain998 wrote:
Hi,

Can you try booting with one of the RAMs, then the other

Problem solved, thank you fot pointing me the right direction! I was reluctant to remove the ram because of their accessibility, I was lazy to remove the CPU fan before accessing.

The second ram I bought this year was the culprit.

Have a great day!

Sylvain998 wrote:
Problem solved, thank you fot pointing me the right direction! I was reluctant to remove the ram because of their accessibility, I was lazy to remove the CPU fan before accessing.

The second ram I bought this year was the culprit.

Have a great day!

Delighted to have helped you 😉