cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RYUO 240mm aio (faulty?) vs HWiNFO TEMP MONITORING RELIABILITY????

wiltr-909
Level 7
Hi everyone,

I'm kinda new around here so first of all greetings to you all from sunny UK. I just got around to finishing my new build which has the new Asus Ryuo 240mm AIO on a 8086k. As I'm overclocking the cpu I'm keeping a close eye on the temps which was what attracted me the ryuo AIO in the first place was its ability to display the temps on its oled screen.

But here's the problem the ryuo temps differ greatly to what HWiNFO is reporting. The ryuo temps are MUCH lower than the HiNFO temps and I need to know if I can trust them to push my cpu further. Is my Ryuo faulty?

Of course I tend to be safe and go with the higher temps given by hwinfo but this renders the ryuo a lot less useful to me as a product as unless I have a faulty unit...

I would really appreciate any advice with this guys, its really bothering me. Yes I have cpu temp OCD.

Thanks!!! 🙂
2 REPLIES 2

DiabeticPlatypu
Level 7
Have you tried any other monitoring software to see what's accurate? There is plenty out there, and that should let you know if the CPU is actually what the Ryuo says it is.

KeksimusMaximus
Level 8
HWINFO64 is one of most developed and reliable monitoring softwares out there with constant updates and support. I suggest you go to the HWINFO Forums and report your situation with screenshots. There's been situations already where user would report inaccurate reading and the author of HWINFO just had to do a minor fix.

You should post a screenshot here too FIY.

Also, keep in mind that there are multiple sensors out there. There is internal CPU sensor for core, package, die, motherboard sensors. AIO may or may NOT have a sensor - it may default to one of motherboard/cpu sensors which we will never know knowing ASUS but it surely has a liquid temp sensor.

My guess is that HWINFO may read AIO liquid temp sensor reading as CPU temp sensor (as liquid will always be cooler) , thats why again:

- SCREENSHOTS
- Post on HWINFO forums
Dargus Maximus
~Explorer ~Engineer ~Guide
My Youtube channel - PC modding, streaming, gaming