cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem bios 1412 VCORE up in Z370-F gaming

Anubis_jero
Level 9
I have mobo asus rog strix z370 f-gaming and cpu i7 8700k. I do not know if it's a problem with the board or cpu. The vcore CPU went up to 2.144v, I did not overclck anything. This happened after installing windows I had driver problems, I also installed last bios 1412 and upgraded to 2.144v vcore. Even so I can use the pc with normality and normal temperatures in cpu. Cpuz says the same as I have oscillating 1.7 to 2.2v. I can play without problems. So I do not know if it's a mobo problem or the CPU is wrong
22 REPLIES 22

MoKiChU
Level 40
Hi,

Can you try to disable ASUS MultiCore Enhancement :

BIOS > Press F7 to go to Advanced Mode > Ai Tweaker tab :

- ASUS MultiCore Enhancement : Disabled

Press F10 to save & reset.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Hello there,

could you tell me how you are determining what your vcore is? In other words what application are you using. If you are using the BIOS please take a screenshot of the bios and upload that image here. Ideally I would like to see the voltage section.

If you are using some other application again a screenshot of the tab showing the voltages would be useful.

HWmonitor or CPUz are good applications to use in Windows.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
Hello there,

could you tell me how you are determining what your vcore is? In other words what application are you using. If you are using the BIOS please take a screenshot of the bios and upload that image here. Ideally I would like to see the voltage section.

If you are using some other application again a screenshot of the tab showing the voltages would be useful.

HWmonitor or CPUz are good applications to use in Windows.

the warning was given by the bios when restarting, he told me cpu over voltage. When entering bios where vcore says it gives the voltage of 2.144v in red. I have not touched anything of overclok the bios is by default, but if I deactivate in monitor the vcore I can enter into windowws without problem, cpuz tells me the same vcore 2.144v but oscillates, ai suite 3 tells me the same as cpuz. My question is.

Could it be failure of the mobo? the cpu with more than 2v should be fried, I think, right?

Another info, the temperatures are correct in bios and windows.

MoKiChU
Level 40
Hi,

Can you try to disable ASUS MultiCore Enhancement :

BIOS > Press F7 to go to Advanced Mode > Ai Tweaker tab > ASUS MultiCore Enhancement : Disabled

Press F10 to save & reset.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Right the first thing I would like you to do is to reset the bios of your motherboard and report back if that made any difference. If you have done this previously please do so again.

Boot into the bios F5 and then save and exit. Your bios should now be at default value.

Please confirm how you undated your BIOS? Did you use a usb drive or update your bios from within WIndows?

Again a screenshot of your BIOS in EZ mode would be very helpful.

Thanks
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
Right the first thing I would like you to do is to reset the bios of your motherboard and report back if that made any difference. If you have done this previously please do so again.

Boot into the bios F5 and then save and exit. Your bios should now be at default value.

Please confirm how you undated your BIOS? Did you use a usb drive or update your bios from within WIndows?

Again a screenshot of your BIOS in EZ mode would be very helpful.

Thanks

if I tested several times f5.The update of the bios was by usb and it was all correct I did not get an echo error I think I started 2 or 3 times from windows until a boot came out the message of the first image

Here the capture of the bios in ez mode, before the capture leave everything by default again with f5

HiVizMan
Level 40
Please flash your bios to an earlier version. I can't help wonder if you have a corrupted bios or firmware issue. Certainly your CPU temp is not inline with 2.144v

Once you have flashed back to that earlier BIOS using the USB method post up if your issue has been resolved. If yes, then it was a corrupted bios and you can download the latest bios again and flash again. The download maybe the cause of the corruption.

If not we will do something else.

HiVizMan wrote:
Please flash your bios to an earlier version. I can't help wonder if you have a corrupted bios or firmware issue. Certainly your CPU temp is not inline with 2.144v

Once you have flashed back to that earlier BIOS using the USB method post up if your issue has been resolved. If yes, then it was a corrupted bios and you can download the latest bios again and flash again. The download maybe the cause of the corruption.

If not we will do something else.

first say thank you for continuing there, and probe with flashing with previous versions and I pass the following:

the last version is 1412 and it lets me flash version 1406, for the other versions 1002, 0805, 0616, 0615, 0614, 0612, 0607, 0606, 0605 .....
It tells me that this firmware is not proper. To say that the version that came with the plate was 1002

HiVizMan
Level 40
Fine have you flashed version 1406? And does your BIOS show the correct voltage or still that high voltage?