cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fan profile not changing ROG G703GI

sharkdi
Level 7
Hi guys i have ROG G703GI laptop everything is great but i had some issues with it so i had to make a clean install of windows 10. So after installing all latest drivers i can't use the shourtcut fn+f5 witch is use to change fan profiles form silent balance and overboost. Before the reinstall was working fine any of you have same problem
windows 10 pro
version 1809
asus ATK Packege ( ASUS KEYBOARD HOTKEYS) driver version 2.0.4.0
24 REPLIES 24

jdfrench3
Level 12
Did you remember to save a copy of your eSupport folder and use it after you reinstalled windows 10?

Do you have ROG Game Center version 2.5.9? Did you install ASUS Keyboard Hotkeys (Not the ATK package)?
G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
Homebuilt Windows Server

sharkdi
Level 7
yes i have the ROG GAMNIG center 2.5.9
in eSupport folder i have only eManual
i also have the hotkeys latest version install

I remember a while back, many of the G703 users reported that they didn't get the entire eSupport folder. There very well might be something in there that needs to be installed to make all your features work. I suggest you request a copy of your eSupport folder be offered to you (probably through a secure website download with ASUS Support).

Make new thread with "G703 eSupport Folder Request" in the Title. Then provide details as how you have never had a complete folder. I suspect someone from ASUS would contact you.
Homebuilt Windows Server

evezy123
Level 7
I have the exact same problem with the exact same laptop. In your gaming centre have you still got the ability to change performance profiles by any chance, as I have lost the ability to do it on mine

sharkdi
Level 7
i can still change it from the profiles from gaming centre

Altimemi
Level 8
i have same laptop and same problem .. and i instal last updaute for all drive .... and dont work..and i go to asus company and cant fix .. asus hotkey maybe need to fix !!

im sad with my first gaming laptop

This is the Asus official recovery media site: http://www.bizcom-us.com/asus/rmrequest.htm I and one other person receive media not available after entering serial number, have never met anyone that has successfully used this site. This German download site has been reference several times in posts on this forum: https://www.asustreiber.de/downloads/category/60-windows-10 I used it for my model and have a complete esupport folder for my model with the latest drivers. It included some programs that were not preinstalled on my laptop, I believe some for the European market. Go through the esupport folder of the ISO, compare it to your support page, (it should work perfectly) you can delete or not check programs you don't want installed. The ISO I downloaded was not bootable when I tried to create a bootable drive??? I copied and pasted everything (esupport folder, ASUS wizard, all the files like my current esupport folder (excluded the I386 and windows folder).

HOTKEYS: {Asus keyboard hotkeys is a app in the windows store} on top of your drivers. Some ASUS models have a additional keyboard hot fix (support page). Also run your ASUS live update or support page, some models have KBFW update tool. Hope this helps.

Are you too, working from a clean-install OS installation? Did you reinstall your drivers and software from your saved eSupport folder?

Or are you saying fan profile changing is not working with an original OS installation?
Homebuilt Windows Server

Altimemi
Level 8
yes i reinstall drivers but didnt work and its happen when asus update keyboard firewall .. i cant use F5 (hotkey for fan) and i only can change from game center