cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL753VE Keyboard not working

Midnight1666
Level 7
Hi,

I bought the GL753VE model in September 2017. And this month (October) the keyboard stopped working. I tried a lot of things to try to fix it and nothing works. The keyboard doesn’t show in the device manager, doesn’t work in Windows or Bios, no light. The only key that work is the Power key.
I tried the drivers update, bios flash from version 307 to version 306, reinstall all possible drivers on Asus website for that model, even try the previous version of drivers ( after uninstalling the newer one).

I even went and did a factory reset of the OS and reinstall all drivers. Nothing worked, did all the windows update again while checking between update if it was working. Nothing worked.

I came up with the conclusion it was a hardware issue, so I open the laptop to make sure everything was connected right. I even disconnected the keyboard and reconnect it. Still no luck.

I tried all the solution I could find online.

If someone could help me out I would really appreciate it.
12 REPLIES 12

Midnight1666
Level 7
No one has an idea what i can do to fix this issue?

Hi
I would really like some idea, very tited of using an external keyboard.

I have one suggestion, run the ATK package installer when it asks to uninstall; uninstall; reboot. Re-Install the ATK. good luck

Hi,
Thanks i'll try tomorow. I dont't have my laptop right now

tap002 wrote:
I have one suggestion, run the ATK package installer when it asks to uninstall; uninstall; reboot. Re-Install the ATK. good luck

I tried that, still not working 😞

Midnight1666
Level 7
Now more than 1 year later, still not fix. Anyone have another idea ?

I've been having the same issue for a couple weeks now on mine. However, I have a GL703VM. It seems like there is something else going on. Check out my thread, maybe something there can help you.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?117130-GL703VM-Keyboard-Stopped-Working

The user hexaae has been great with responding. They also have a thread with their issues as well on another model.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?117069-GL703GS-keyboard-dead-apparently-after-some-Windows....

When I talked to ASUS support, they wanted me to do a full factory reset on my laptop, which I didn't want to do just yet because I'm not confident that would get my keyboard work again. But you did a full factory reset and it didn't work. I agree with hexaae in that this seems to be an ASUS software and windows compatibility issue.

Midnight1666
Level 7
Yeah last time i spoke with support they wanted me to send it in for repairs and would cost over 900$...
Quite lame since it happen right after a windows update (around october 2018)

That tells me that it IS an ASUS software vs Windows problem because you had the issues after a windows update. That's crazy that they want over $900 to repair. If an expensive repair is going to be the "solution" for mine, I'll be buying a new computer but it probably won't be ASUS.