cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landing 2-11-2012 G74SX-DH71 (Finally!)

dabigin
Level 7
I'm so stoked to finally be getting my g series laptop from asus I cant wait till it gets here.

In the meantime I'll be looking at the driver pages and getting driver updates for my laptop when it gets here.

Other than that just got updates to do and I will be all set.

Any Idea if you can have Asus make you a custom ROG loading screen for your bios? I imagine it is able to be done just would need to contact the right people.

I would love to tinker with it myself but seeing that messing up bios will make my laptop a brick and I would have to replace the part I think it would be better to wait and see if i could possibly get a asus released one. I just want something with My name and Contact information (if lost). Granted I doubt I'll let this laptop out of my sight since its such amazing machine and I will be guarding it like a baby.
Dabigin on xbl and psn
Dabigin on stream
Republic of Gamers Laptop owner 2-11-2011
System:
Current System
GL703GE (Powered on 1/3/2019)
Old System
G74SX (Retired 12/20/2018)
7 REPLIES 7

dstrakele
Level 14
ASUS does provide an application called FancyStart with the G74SX that allows you to customize the splash screen. See http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=v5splf8IWgE

However, I don't recommend FancyStart because I have read a post where it prevented a system from starting: http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?2119-BIOS-problem.-G53-won-t-boot

EDIT: My mistake - @PILGRIM did mention this before and I forgot about it - FancyStart is not available for the G74SX
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

dstrakele wrote:
ASUS does provide an application called FancyStart with the G74SX that allows you to customize the splash screen.

I like Fancy Start and have been using it on my other lower-end laptops.
Unfortunately, the G74's BIOS setup doesn't seem to recognize it.
ASUS G74SX-3DE

PILGRIM
Level 11
dabigin wrote:
I'm so stoked to finally be getting my g series laptop from asus I cant wait till it gets here.

In the meantime I'll be looking at the driver pages and getting driver updates for my laptop when it gets here.

Other than that just got updates to do and I will be all set.

Any Idea if you can have Asus make you a custom ROG loading screen for your bios? I imagine it is able to be done just would need to contact the right people.

I would love to tinker with it myself but seeing that messing up bios will make my laptop a brick and I would have to replace the part I think it would be better to wait and see if i could possibly get a asus released one. I just want something with My name and Contact information (if lost). Granted I doubt I'll let this laptop out of my sight since its such amazing machine and I will be guarding it like a baby.

You make it sound like you're actually expecting your first born baby to be delivered!..:)
(I can relate with the feeling.)

Hope your "baby" arrives safely..
ASUS G74SX-3DE

chrsplmr
Level 18
Welcome Dab.. hahaa... 'like expecting a baby'...yep...Dab is already a ROGr... and hasnt even touched her yet.
Yes, indeed, best of luck...may the delivery gods be kind to your bundle of joy.

Keep reading...these laptop guys here are a tricky lot.. they have figured out
how to do things with these monsters that the Maker hasnt even thought of
the questions to yet....... keep reading.. you will see what i mean..
for everything else...........just ask....we'll leave the light on...c.

kb0sdq
Level 10
grats on the lappy. Make sure things are up to date. Enjoy
Happy ROG_n
Doug

dude, that's messed up.Click image for larger version Name: photo.JPG Views: 0 Size: 603.5 KB ID: 5883
I do not know where that is directed,could you be more specific ?
Thanks,
Happy ROG_n
Doug

People will turn and look while im watching blu ray movies and playing pc games. will be a very easy transition from pc to laptop. Already got my service packs ready and newest drivers downloaded. It arrives at 12pm saturday cst. I've been missing out on some real gaming. Dunno why I ever went back to console. PC is where its at!....Tribes Ascend beta here i come!!!!!!!!!!!!!111!!! For all you COD players out there I'll be joining the ranks of the 30 on 30 gaming (or more) in call of duty modern warfare....plus i'll grab waw if the community is still active. Not to mention Skyrim! Going to be a blast with all settings to max. Well when I'm not busy programming or doing other various classes full of work. I'll turn more people to the Republic for there laptop needs. I was just wondering though if there is a way i can get the ROG dog tags. I was stoked to hear about previous models coming with them. I'm not going to try that program that changes the bios screen because like I said before I dont want my laptop turning into a brick. All I need now is a Asus Wireless N router and a ROG headset and I'll be set. BTW if you can get dog tags I want some customized...Put BIGIN on em!!!!!!
Dabigin on xbl and psn
Dabigin on stream
Republic of Gamers Laptop owner 2-11-2011
System:
Current System
GL703GE (Powered on 1/3/2019)
Old System
G74SX (Retired 12/20/2018)