cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6700k at 4.5 ghz temperature

Shakecip
Level 10
Hy guys, so i have 6700k overclocked at 4.5 ghz at 1.220v but in windows cpu-z shows max voltage at 1.248V. These temperature are ok? So far in seems stable. Should i let realbench more tham just an half of hour? Here are the screenshots.
23 REPLIES 23

Nate152
Hi Shakecip

What cpu cooler and thermal paste are you using ?

Temps are not too high but I'm wondering if you could get them more consistent, in the last test there's about about a 10c difference. It's not uncommon to see a 10c difference but reapplying the thermal paste may get temps better.

To get the voltage at 1.220v try LLC at level 6 or you may have to use a negative offset voltage of -0.028v.

Shakecip
Level 10
Thermalright macho direct is the cooler. I see that are some diferences in temperature. I use arctic mx4. I applied on the processor and on the cooler and spread it along the cpu.

Shakecip
Level 10
Well i changed the thermal paste with a thinner layer and the temperature consistency was better but higher temperatures so i changed again with more compound paste and now the temperature is about the same as it was and the last core is always cooler. Why do i have this inconsitency of temperatures?

Nate152
Thank you for trying that.

It's probably just the cpu, delidding it will give you about -15c drop in temps but isn't necessary.

https://rockitcool.myshopify.com/products/rockit-88

Shakecip
Level 10
Here is the test with thermal paste reaplied. Notice the last core is always cooler. Keep in mind that i am running with avx linpak. This is safe temperature 24/7 or should i go with lower clocks?

Nate152
Temps are fine for 24/7, Intel says up to 85c is fine for 24/7.

Core 3 runs the coolest for me.

Shakecip
Level 10
Ok so how do i test now if its stable and how many hours do i test it. I have aida64, realbench, prime95, occt.

Nate152

Shakecip
Level 10
I have 16 gb ram but it only let me to set 8 gb is ok? I stress benched an hour without an error in realbench.