cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG CROSSHAIR VII HERO WIFI C7H BIOS 1001 removed?

REA_Electric
Level 7
24 October 2018 X470 ROG CROSSHAIR VII HERO WIFI BIOS release 1001 was removed from the ASUS Official Support Page why?

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/ROG-CROSSHAIR-VII-HERO/HelpDesk_BIOS/
30 REPLIES 30

rchiwawa
Level 7
I am curious as to why myself, I have been checking daily since word of an AGESA 1.0.0.6 for Pinnacle Ridge bios is supposed to be hitting soon. I flashed 1001 with no problems here. In fact it fixed a weird glitch I had with BIOS profile saves and odd characters randomly showing up. Also, for seemingly no reason, my ram benches very consistently 1.5ns faster despite no changes to the timings I manually defined and supposedly the same AGESA...

I'd like to know as well. I'm using 1001 and i'd like to know if there is a problem with it.

I have noticed the 1001 is gone too! It suggests using BIOS flashback (in red) to go back to the old BIOS!!!! I have been having issues with my C7WIFI since day 1 (and it doesn't look like i am the only one) so I vist the BIOS page frequently to look for a new version.

My PC freezes in between POST (I get the 'all clear' single beep) and OS (during OS handover??) ALL the time but it is very random and is always freezing on a different code (most common is b4 - it could possible be d4 but unlikley, A2, A9 - when i attempt to enter BIOS). The ONLY way to stop this is to press the safe boot button. That gets me into BIOS, but a normal restart has a 50/50 chance of hanging during OS handover again. Happens at Stock and with custom BIOS settings.

I hasve lost count how many times I have flashed the BIOS now. I was very excited when I saw a new version to try (1001) but now I am concerned as it was removed. Maybe it is time to give up and take the darn thing back.

P.S I know that all of my other components are working as I have tested them all in another system.

Specs = Ryzen 7 2700X, Rog Strix Vega64 (have also tried a STRIX GTX1080, same issues), Gskill 32GB (4x8) 3200mhz ram C14 (samsung B-dies), [have tried corsair 3000mhz hynix dimms and hyuper X 2666 DMMS, same issue]. Samsung evo 9601TB running in the bottom slot directly tied to the CPU.

Any one know what is going on? I really want this board to work. I have been so patient because I really don't like the other options. Please ASUS don't fail me :(. If anyone else has similar issues please let me know.

Thank you

Tunza wrote:
I have noticed the 1001 is gone too! It suggests using BIOS flashback (in red) to go back to the old BIOS!!!! I have been having issues with my C7WIFI since day 1 (and it doesn't look like i am the only one) so I vist the BIOS page frequently to look for a new version.

My PC freezes in between POST (I get the 'all clear' single beep) and OS (during OS handover??) ALL the time but it is very random and is always freezing on a different code (most common is b4 - it could possible be d4 but unlikley, A2, A9 - when i attempt to enter BIOS). The ONLY way to stop this is to press the safe boot button. That gets me into BIOS, but a normal restart has a 50/50 chance of hanging during OS handover again. Happens at Stock and with custom BIOS settings.

I hasve lost count how many times I have flashed the BIOS now. I was very excited when I saw a new version to try (1001) but now I am concerned as it was removed. Maybe it is time to give up and take the darn thing back.

P.S I know that all of my other components are working as I have tested them all in another system.

Specs = Ryzen 7 2700X, Rog Strix Vega64 (have also tried a STRIX GTX1080, same issues), Gskill 32GB (4x8) 3200mhz ram C14 (samsung B-dies), [have tried corsair 3000mhz hynix dimms and hyuper X 2666 DMMS, same issue]. Samsung evo 9601TB running in the bottom slot directly tied to the CPU.

Any one know what is going on? I really want this board to work. I have been so patient because I really don't like the other options. Please ASUS don't fail me :(. If anyone else has similar issues please let me know.

Thank you

I am running a 2700x with 2x16GB F4-3200C14D-32GTZR @ 3333 14-14-14-14-28 and for me, my established manual overclocks and voltages all work on this bios (1001), my established Performance Enhancer and negative voltage offset is still stable and hits the same clock speeds for a given load. My Cinebench scores with PE level 2 went from reliably anywhere between 1890-1915 to never below 1900 and sometimes up to 1925 but tends to be right at 1910-1915. Like I mentioned earlier, my ram is also consistently 1.5ns faster in AIDA64 despite no change to the memory timings and subs. I have been up and running folding@home since I flashed it in and have even managed to work in a few hours of 3d gaming with absolutely zero problems. If you are having issues and you think the BIOS is the culprit, this couldn't hurt from my experience. As always, your mileage may vary and i don't find it comforting that Asus removed it.

FWIW, I use an external USB DAC for sound so I can't comment on effects to the motherboard's on board sound output. IIRC some people on overclock.net have reported sound issues with the forum released 1001 BIOS but don't hold me to that.

I just hope this isn't slowly corrupting my 960 EVO SATA SSD or something else silly and subtle-until-it's-not.

One other thing, I had b-die Corsair Dominator 3333 RGB CL16 2x16 initially with this build that just would not run memtest error free at any speed with any BIOSes containing the AGESA 1.0.0.2c code. Older revs worked great on that dram and I could even get it to run @3466 stable with auto subs and the 3333 XMP profile . I wish I could remember whether or not I would see b4 as the last code when overclocking and/or undervolting too far or when sorting either kit of memory.

rchiwawa wrote:
I am running a 2700x with 2x16GB F4-3200C14D-32GTZR @ 3333 14-14-14-14-28 and for me, my established manual overclocks and voltages all work on this bios (1001), my established Performance Enhancer and negative voltage offset is still stable and hits the same clock speeds for a given load. My Cinebench scores with PE level 2 went from reliably anywhere between 1890-1915 to never below 1900 and sometimes up to 1925 but tends to be right at 1910-1915. Like I mentioned earlier, my ram is also consistently 1.5ns faster in AIDA64 despite no change to the memory timings and subs. I have been up and running folding@home since I flashed it in and have even managed to work in a few hours of 3d gaming with absolutely zero problems. If you are having issues and you think the BIOS is the culprit, this couldn't hurt from my experience. As always, your mileage may vary and i don't find it comforting that Asus removed it.

FWIW, I use an external USB DAC for sound so I can't comment on effects to the motherboard's on board sound output. IIRC some people on overclock.net have reported sound issues with the forum released 1001 BIOS but don't hold me to that.

I just hope this isn't slowly corrupting my 960 EVO SATA SSD or something else silly and subtle-until-it's-not.

One other thing, I had b-die Corsair Dominator 3333 RGB CL16 2x16 initially with this build that just would not run memtest error free at any speed with any BIOSes containing the AGESA 1.0.0.2c code. Older revs worked great on that dram and I could even get it to run @3466 stable with auto subs and the 3333 XMP profile . I wish I could remember whether or not I would see b4 as the last code when overclocking and/or undervolting too far or when sorting either kit of memory.

Tnanks Rchiwawa,

I could not get reliable POST with 1001 (or 1101), so I rolled back to 0702. This BIOS seems to be the most stable for my current configuration. It seems like as AMD tries to expand its memory compatibility, it is doing so at the expense of the high end DIMMS that already work really well on the platform (Such as your dominators and my tridentZ). I hope I am mistaken on this. I have never actually tried BIOS 05xx or 06xx as my board shipped with 0702 (or maybe I flashed right away, cannot remember). If you are not worried about the sensor/3rd party app collisions it may be worth rolling back to an older BIOS if you have high quality hardware that worked on ZEN+ on launch day. Worth a shot right?

I will let you all know how I go. So far so good (fingers crossed). I may even get ballsy enough to try and crank my ram back up to the 3200mhz I paid for LOL. (currently running at 2133mhz, the AUTO JEDEC spec for my DIMMS).

And ASUS, If you are reading this, can you please let us know what is going on? Or at least let us know you are listening instead of radio silence? I paid AUD $439 for this motherboard, which is nearly as much as my 2700X!! (469AUD). In my opinion, when you pay such a premium, nearly double the other brands, you should not have to wait over 6 months for a stable BIOS. This is my first ASUS motherboard, I chose it on your reputation and I love your ROG STRIX GPUs. Please don't let it be my last one. Thanks

I'm on 1001, need to donwgrade asap?

Any news from ASUS?

Big_Gray
Level 8
Hey Tunza,

I had a problem with reboot at handover. You could try this, it worked for me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99anYmeSglw&app=desktop

Just noticed the myself that Bios 1001 was removed. I have been running this bios for a few days. System actually seems to run a little better. Any idea why this was removed. Do I need to remove it? Some notification or information from ASUS would be great. I have been a loyal ASUS fan for years. SInce back when they were only making components for others, but I just don't understand what they are doing right now.

Big_Gray wrote:
Hey Tunza,

I had a problem with reboot at handover. You could try this, it worked for me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99anYmeSglw&app=desktop

Thanks Big_Gray. I knew about this and have already unticked the fast startup box. Unfortunately It did not seem to help :S. Thank you for your help though.