Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    Administrator Array MasterC@ROG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by richac View Post
    Aura sync averages 1-3% normally when not spiking.
    I don't do much on pc except game so when idle my total cpu is pretty much 0-3% I play titanfall 2, bfv, star wars battlefront 2, witcher 3. Notice hitching in all of them, but most noticeable in bfv by far. I avg about 90 fps in bfv with mixed settings.

my system is i7 7700k and nvidia 1070.
    Using latest version bios 1207.
    I have tried fresh copy of windows.
    Did just recently unplug my pc, not for testing purposes but to move to another room Doesn't seem to have made a diff.

I should note that the spikes are happening during gaming, not when I'm changing settings. Also should note in previous versions the lighting service never spiked. It would jump to around 13-15% and stay there hitching the game, or freeze, until I ended the task. With these latest two versions it took me a while to realize it was aura sync causing the hitching Because now besides getting stuck at the high cpu usage once in a blue. It is now also frequently spiking to that amount but then immediately going back down. So at first I did not thinkg aura sync was causing the issue. I had to closely monitor processes till I realized it was indeed aura sync the culprit.

And as I said disabling it in bios stops my games from hitching which confirms this.
    What about if you disable Aura from the software, is going to the UEFI necessary?

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumOne View Post
    Here is some input:

A.
    If you have a graphic tablet (e.g. Wacom, Artisul, Huion) plugged in, Aura will stop working. Once graphic tablets are unplugged, Aura works without a problem. It is the tablet's service that suspends lightingservice from running. I am not sure if windows pen and ink have anything to do with Aura not lunching. I have the Artisul D13 tablet running on Zenith with 2950X.

B.
    If you cannot lunch the newest version of Aura , or Aura doesn't recognize your hardware, try the following:

1. Uninstall any Aura software that you currently have (you might have to do some regedit cleaning, but first avoid regedit).
    2. Reset your PC.
    3. Download and run Lighting_Control_1.06.17 version
    4. Reset your PC
    5. Make sure that Lighting_Control_1.06.17 works
    NOW
    6. Download Aura Sync 1.07.22 and run the software per ASUS instructions (via admin)
    7. This will uninstall Lighting_Control_1.06.17
    8. Don't go into regedit and delete Aura files
    9. Don't delete folders left over by Lighting_Control_1.06.17
    10. Restart your PC
    11. Now, run and install Aura Sync 1.07.22
    12. Reset your PC
    13. Try Aura Sync 1.07.22

My biggest pain was the tablet, once I unplugged the tablet Aura is beautiful. Once the tablet is plugged in, I cannot lunch Aura. It is a trade off that sucks

I noticed someone was asking about a laptop and Aura problems, so, maybe, the laptop has a touch screen causing the same issues as a graphic tablet on a PC. Windows Pen and Ink maybe??????
    We had a couple of graphic tablets at our disposal to test, but we couldn't find any problems. A Wacom Intuos CTH-490 and a Flying Slim ST-2121 were used for the test. If we get access to an Artiful then we'll test that too.

ROG Member Array Monyo PC Specs
    Monyo PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Crosshair VII Hero
    ProcessorRyzen 2700X
    Graphics Card #1MSI Armor RX580 MK2
    Storage #1Samsung EVO 970 NVMe M.2
    CPU CoolerNZXT Kraken X62
    CaseNZXT H500
    Power SupplyThermaltake 650w RGB
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterNetgear Orbi

ASUS Aura, Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB issues

I have the below motherboard and RAM
    1. ASUS Crosshair VII Hero (not wifi)
    2. Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB

The rams are working but for some reason Corsair iCue is unable to detect it and control the RGB lights, found a lot of forums having the same issue with ASUS boards regarding this.

Do you have any upcoming updates for this, also if possible that AURA can control the Corsair ram rgb?

New ROGer Array replica28 PC Specs
    replica28 PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG STRIX Z370-E
    Processori5-8600k @ 4.5Ghz
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16Gb 3000Mhz
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte GTX 1060 6Gb G1 GAMING
    Sound CardASUS essence STX
    MonitorBenQ 24" @ 77Hz OC nice joke...
    Storage #1SanDisk SSD PLUS 240Gb
    Storage #2Kingston a400 240Gb / Kingston a400 480Gb
    CPU CoolerCoolerMaster MasterLiquid 120
    CaseFSP CMT520 RGB AURA
    Power SupplyCorsair CX650M
    Keyboard ASUS Claymore Core - MX Brown
    Mouse BenQ Zowie EC1-A
    Headset HyperX Cloud Silver
    Mouse Pad SteelSeries QcK+ LIMITED / QcK+ CS:GO
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network Routerretail 1gb/s
    Accessory #1 2 x ID-Cooling SF-12025 CPU Fans
    Accessory #2 Controller DualShock 4
    Accessory #3 Controller Xbox One v2

hello,

spec are the following:

1 bios version 0420
    2 rog z370-e
    rgb fusion for gtx 1060 gb g1 gaming light
    claymore core (using armoury for lights, no conflict with above producs/softwares other than CoD BO 4 but its ok..)
    g.skill trident z rgb (i'm using aura for this)
    3 this thing happens all time
    4 i had AURA 1.07.22 and now i'm using 1.06.95
    5 win10 pro 64: 17134.407
    6 yes

i followed the steps with "run as admin" and reboots with both versions several times

- The problem is that i have conflicts between rbg fusion from vga and aura sync on ram dimms:
    rgb fusion has an option to controll the lights of vga and rams, but alto overwrite the settings from aura sync on rams. When i enter any game, looks like rams are using rgb fusion setting rather than aura sync.
    Example: ram dimms turned off in rgb fusion to use them with aura sync: i enter any game, they turn off even if the mother board and ram dimms are set in aura sync.

sorry for bad english

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by MasterC@ASUS View Post
    What about if you disable Aura from the software, is going to the UEFI necessary?
    hmm maybe. I'll do some more testing. I will also unplug plower and hit psu switch again to see if any change. Also will use defaullt rainbow setting and see if any diff. I will report back.

well thought I fixed it by uninstalling, unplugging pc for 10 mins. then reinstalling. But next thing you know my bfv started lagging, and sure enough I tabbed to task manager and lighting service was stuck at 14% cpu usage and I had to end task. when this happens I usually have to reboot pc now too to make sure it runs smoothly. I use to be able to just restart aura sync but it seems this doesn't stop the lagging anymore. Thats why I disabled it from bios previously.

again this is strix b250f latest bios 1207.

I will test now to see if it only happens in smart mode or if it also happens in default rainbow mode.
    Last edited by richac; 12-12-2018 at 12:56 AM.

well thought I fixed it by uninstalling, unplugging pc for 10 mins. then reinstalling. But next thing you know my bfv started lagging, and sure enough I tabbed to task manager and lighting service was stuck at 14% cpu usage and I had to end task. when this happens I usually have to reboot pc now too to make sure it runs smoothly. I use to be able to just restart aura sync but it seems this doesn't stop the lagging anymore. Thats why I disabled it from bios previously.

again this is strix b250f latest bios 1207.

I will test now to see if it only happens in smart mode or if it also happens in default rainbow mode.
    What memory do you have and is your system overclocked? If so, revert to stock settings and try again. Your system doesn't seem to be running normally.

Quote Originally Posted by vesparos View Post
    1. Maximus VIII Hero Alpha bios 3801
    2. Maximus VIII Hero Alpha & ROG STRIX 1080ti
    3. no difference
    4. yes, both
    5. Windows 10 64-bit 10.0.17134 Build 17134
    6. Yes

At this point I give up on any version of Asus Aura working with my motherboard. The only version that detects my motherboard is ancient and will not detect my video card. So I can install the old version to configure my mobo RGB headers, then uninstall, clean, and install the new version to configure my GPU. Syncing them is not possible. This makes me so very sad considering I worked hard to choose parts that should sync RGB and I have waited a year now for a working update.
    I understand the way that Aura worked at that point in time was confusing, Aura RGB and Aura Sync were different. All Aura products can sync nowadays, but unfortunately the only Z170 motherboard with Aura Sync was a Pro Gaming board. You have Aura RGB, not Aura Sync - so the board itself was never able to be synced with other products. Sorry.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	M8HA Aura RGB.JPG 
Views:	51 
Size:	52.4 KB 
ID:	77564

Quote Originally Posted by MasterC@ASUS View Post
    What memory do you have and is your system overclocked? If so, revert to stock settings and try again. Your system doesn't seem to be running normally.
    The only thing causing it to not run right is aura sync, as I've confirmed. And it seems other users have the thing hog up 15% of cpu as well. In fact this was in issue since the original version of this software. There has got to be a reason why this has happens on many boards. But whats more concerning is that the problem happens more often now since the latest version. I really like to use smart mode to determine cpu temps and it would be disappointing to have to keep it disabled.

I have g.skill aegis. ddr4 3000. and wow did the price skyrocket on these things.... I must of it on sale at microcenter. b250f doesn't overclock but the memory is running manually set at 2400hz, with xmp off. auto timing of 15-15-15-36. I can put it back to the boards auto default of 2100hz and see what happens. But I doubt it will make a difference. I have already tried optmized bios defaults.

I believe its most noticeable in bfv cause that game uses alot of cpu, so when the aura sync spikes to 15% usage it causes slowdown in the game. But it should not be using this much cpu, normally it hovers around 2% only. This has been an issue since the first release of the software and has never been fixed. It has only gotten worse.

All I do on my pc is game, only games I have installed are tekken 7, bfv, witcher 3, battlefront II, titanfall 2. I uninstalled all asus software except for sonic studio 3.
    Last edited by richac; 12-12-2018 at 05:11 PM.

The only thing causing it to not run right is aura sync, as I've confirmed. And it seems other users have the thing hog up 15% of cpu as well. In fact this was in issue since the original version of this software. There has got to be a reason why this has happens on many boards. But whats more concerning is that the problem happens more often now since the latest version. I really like to use smart mode to determine cpu temps and it would be disappointing to have to keep it disabled.

I have g.skill aegis. ddr4 3000. and wow did the price skyrocket on these things.... I must of it on sale at microcenter. b250f doesn't overclock but the memory is running manually set at 2400hz, with xmp off. auto timing of 15-15-15-36. I can put it back to the boards auto default of 2100hz and see what happens. But I doubt it will make a difference. I have already tried optmized bios defaults.

I believe its most noticeable in bfv cause that game uses alot of cpu, so when the aura sync spikes to 15% usage it causes slowdown in the game. But it should not be using this much cpu, normally it hovers around 2% only. This has been an issue since the first release of the software and has never been fixed. It has only gotten worse.

All I do on my pc is game, only games I have installed are tekken 7, bfv, witcher 3, battlefront II, titanfall 2. I uninstalled all asus software except for sonic studio 3.
    From our tests, CPU usage is always low (1-2%) unless a different effect is selected. Albeit our test systems always have clean Windows installations, perhaps you can try that (if you only have games on your system then Steam backups make life easier). Could also test hardware-based effects (static, breathing, and color cycle), the other effects are software-based which require slightly higher CPU usage, curious if that makes a difference for you.

Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast