Memory (part number)F4-3600C17Q-64GTZR | Trident Z RGB 64GB
    Graphics Card #1Asus Strix 1080Ti OC
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Pro 512GB
    Storage #2WD 10TB Gold
    CPU CoolerEK Rampage VI Monoblock
    CaseC0smos 2 Modded
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1500i

Quote Originally Posted by MasterC@ASUS View Post
    Good news guys. The next update for Aura will allow you to disable in-game lighting effects. Advanced customization features are coming soon, which will allow independent lighting controls.
    This is good news indeed! I have several addressable strips and some Phanteks Halos that could certainly take advantage of this..
    Asus Rampage VI Extreme | i9-7940X | 64GB Trident Z RGB 3600 | Asus Strix 1080Ti OC | Samsung 960 Pro 512GB | WD Gold 10TB | WD Red 4TB X 2 | PSU Corsair AX1500i | Custom Water Loop - RAD MO-RA3 420 Pro | EK Monoblock | Phanteks GPU Block | Heatkiller 200 Tube RES | EK Dual D5 Revo Pumps | 9 X Corsair ML 140 Pro Fans on RAD | | Bitspower Fittings Black Chrome | Cooler Master Cosmos 2 Modded Case | Silent WIngs 3 120mm Intake |

New ROGer Array

problem with software saving number of leds attached to rog terminal

Hi, one of the problems i noticed is when i set the number of leds atttached to each port, the numbers reset after saving.

steps I performed in the software:
    click on settings.

I then click on "addressable headers". Since my MB does not have addressable headers, the terminal shows on the right side. By default, it's set to 90 led's on each channel.

under "number of addressable LEDs on the device" I then goto each channel to the exact amount. once done then I click on save.

after clicking on save, led's are set back to 90.

However when I use "asus halo" , the number of led's per port are correct on that software. And yes I am below the maximum led's for the rog terminal and under each port's limit as well.

Also on a side note, I've noticed that there hasn't been an update to the software in a long time, can you guys please explain why?

New ROGer Array

1. The BIOS/firmware version for your hardware.
    1001 (Asus Strix B450-F Gaming motherboard)

2. The AURA SYNC products you own and any other 3rd-party lighting software.
    ROG Terminal. 3rd party - Razer Synapse 3 with razer cynosa kb & razer naga tournament edition mouse.

3. If a power cycle has made any difference. (Shutdown, power off, unplug power cable for a minute)
    power cycle, reboot, shutdown makes no difference

4. If you have tried reinstalling Aura or Windows already.
    yes reinstalled windows and aura.

5. OS build/version.
    windows 10 1803 build 17134.471

6. If the issue was present in the previous version(s).
    yes. installed recent version. then removed new version completely (had to use registry editor as uninstaller not working correctly). installed old version in the download area. same problem exists

Please Include a screenshot of the Aura UI, and any other pictures if applicable.

Quote Originally Posted by jdfosterarmy View Post
    Hi, one of the problems i noticed is when i set the number of leds atttached to each port, the numbers reset after saving.

steps I performed in the software:
    click on settings.

I then click on "addressable headers". Since my MB does not have addressable headers, the terminal shows on the right side. By default, it's set to 90 led's on each channel.

under "number of addressable LEDs on the device" I then goto each channel to the exact amount. once done then I click on save.

after clicking on save, led's are set back to 90.

However when I use "asus halo" , the number of led's per port are correct on that software. And yes I am below the maximum led's for the rog terminal and under each port's limit as well.

Also on a side note, I've noticed that there hasn't been an update to the software in a long time, can you guys please explain why?
    I forgot to mention, that the reason I am trying to put in the correct numbers is simply this, when using "party" for music mode, more then half of the leds between each are red, while the rest are random colors. This same problem happened on my laptop when i hooked up the power externally (i did that because it has no rgb devices) to the rog terminal, then the usb cable to one of the ports.
    Last edited by jdfosterarmy; 12-18-2018 at 03:26 AM.

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array MrAgapiGC PC Specs
    MrAgapiGC PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus XI Code
    Processor9900K
    Memory (part number)CMK32GX4M4B3600C18
    Graphics Card #1STRIX-GTX1080ti-O8G-GAMING
    MonitorAOC AGON AG2701QX (2)
    Storage #1Samsung 960 EVO 256GB
    Storage #2Kingston Savage 500GB
    CPU CoolerNzxt X74 360mm AIO
    CaseNzxt H700
    Power SupplyEVGA 850 G2
    Keyboard Logitech G810
    Mouse Asus Spartha
    Headset Hyper X Cloud Revolver S
    Mouse Pad Hyper X Fury S 900mx420mm
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z337
    OS Windows 10 64btis
    Network RouterTpLink Archer C9
    Accessory #1 EKWB FANs all of them

Good news guys. The next update for Aura will allow you to disable in-game lighting effects. Advanced customization features are coming soon, which will allow independent lighting controls.
    that is fantastic. let see what these will add. Also please... tell dev and programmers to check the smooth transitions on the other selections. the only one that is, at least for me is the normal color cycle on the HERO IX. i try all and all is update using normal drivers and the ones that are supply on the forums, that by the way THANKS! feel nice that my 2 year computer have all new drivers. I hope these drivers can be made on a better deployment in the future

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

From our tests, CPU usage is always low (1-2%) unless a different effect is selected. Albeit our test systems always have clean Windows installations, perhaps you can try that (if you only have games on your system then Steam backups make life easier). Could also test hardware-based effects (static, breathing, and color cycle), the other effects are software-based which require slightly higher CPU usage, curious if that makes a difference for you.
    haven't had the issue. only thing I did was reinstall aura sync again after this time making sure power was cut by flipping psu switch for 10 minutes. Maybe that did it. Not sure if I changed any settings in game. tks for the replies.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

spoke too soon. had it get stuck around 13-15% again. but still better then random hitches. was able to close and restart aura sync process. this is what I've always had to do so I guess just still the same for me.

Administrator Array MasterC@ROG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jdfosterarmy View Post
    1. The BIOS/firmware version for your hardware.
    1001 (Asus Strix B450-F Gaming motherboard)

2. The AURA SYNC products you own and any other 3rd-party lighting software.
    ROG Terminal. 3rd party - Razer Synapse 3 with razer cynosa kb & razer naga tournament edition mouse.

3. If a power cycle has made any difference. (Shutdown, power off, unplug power cable for a minute)
    power cycle, reboot, shutdown makes no difference

4. If you have tried reinstalling Aura or Windows already.
    yes reinstalled windows and aura.

5. OS build/version.
    windows 10 1803 build 17134.471

6. If the issue was present in the previous version(s).
    yes. installed recent version. then removed new version completely (had to use registry editor as uninstaller not working correctly). installed old version in the download area. same problem exists

Please Include a screenshot of the Aura UI, and any other pictures if applicable.

I forgot to mention, that the reason I am trying to put in the correct numbers is simply this, when using "party" for music mode, more then half of the leds between each are red, while the rest are random colors. This same problem happened on my laptop when i hooked up the power externally (i did that because it has no rgb devices) to the rog terminal, then the usb cable to one of the ports.
    I tested party mode and changed the number of LEDs in Aura, but wasn't able to replicate the issue.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Terminal 1.PNG 
Views:	1 
Size:	221.9 KB 
ID:	77705

Name:	Terminal 2.PNG 
Size:	223.6 KB 
ID:	77706
    The number of LEDs saved successfully and the lighting effects displayed correctly also.

Can you let us know how many LEDs you specified for each side? I tested 30 X 15.

As for the Halo software, is there anything you'd like to see in the next update?

ROG Member Array Kenny78 PC Specs
    Kenny78 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG STRIX X470-F GAMING
    ProcessorRyzen 5 2600
    Memory (part number)Team T-Force Delta RGB DDR4-3000 4x8GB
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 2080 OC
    Sound CardCreative Sound Blaster Omni Surround 5.1
    MonitorPredator Z35P
    CPU CoolerCooler Master MasterLiquid ML120R
    CaseCooler Master MASTERCASE H500P
    Power SupplyFSP 650W Platinum
    Keyboard Creative Sound BlasterX Vanguard K08
    Mouse Creative Sound BlasterX Siege M04
    Headset SteelSeries SIBERIA P800
    Mouse Pad Icemat
    Headset/Speakers Creative Sound BlasterX Katana

Hi,

For me, it is working fine, however the only issue is the app will freeze and i have to end task to close it. BUt the settings will still be there.

How the freeze happens: I do the setting and within 20 secs the app will freeze. Other than that, it's actually good. But this end task thing is annoying.

Any advise?

Thanks

ROG Guru: White Belt Array Al3xG PC Specs
    Al3xG PC Specs
    MotherboardB360-F Gaming
    Processori7-8700
    Graphics Card #1Strix 3080 OC
    Monitor27UK650 4k
    Power Supply750w
    Keyboard Strix Flare
    Mouse Gladius 2 Origin
    Headset Delta C
    Mouse Pad Balteus
    OS Win 10 20H2
    Accessory #1 Aura Terminal

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny78 View Post
    Hi,

For me, it is working fine, however the only issue is the app will freeze and i have to end task to close it. BUt the settings will still be there.

How the freeze happens: I do the setting and within 20 secs the app will freeze. Other than that, it's actually good. But this end task thing is annoying.

Any advise?

Thanks
    That's right. The Aura will freeze after 20-30 sec stayed open. Have to kill the process. And I can't change number of leds too,it always 90.
    Last edited by Al3xG; 12-20-2018 at 12:30 PM.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array Al3xG PC Specs
    Al3xG PC Specs
    MotherboardB360-F Gaming
    Processori7-8700
    Graphics Card #1Strix 3080 OC
    Monitor27UK650 4k
    Power Supply750w
    Keyboard Strix Flare
    Mouse Gladius 2 Origin
    Headset Delta C
    Mouse Pad Balteus
    OS Win 10 20H2
    Accessory #1 Aura Terminal

I tested party mode and changed the number of LEDs in Aura, but wasn't able to replicate the issue.

Name:	Terminal 1.PNG 
Size:	221.9 KB 
ID:	77705

Name:	Terminal 2.PNG 
Size:	223.6 KB 
ID:	77706
    The number of LEDs saved successfully and the lighting effects displayed correctly also.

Can you let us know how many LEDs you specified for each side? I tested 30 X 15.

As for the Halo software, is there anything you'd like to see in the next update?
    It would be awesome if you guys finally roll out the Halo udate. I already thought that you drop it. Has no scaling the UI under 4k, need to be fixed.
    To compare to Ambibox its very poor software and look very unfinished like beta. I would like to see more options like Ambibox has (smoothness,gamma,temp color etc).It definetly needs the static color option. You just cant ulock the potential of Aura terminal device without it at all! And annoying issue, when your computer is shuting off the Terminal does not shuting off its continue to work and lighting up the first build mode. The only way to switch off the Terminal along with Pc is sync Terminal to MB using active mode like, Rainbow,music etc. If that mode is static it won't switch off at all.
    Last edited by Al3xG; 12-20-2018 at 12:16 PM.

Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast