Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

All effects causes an increase in CPU usage over time, but also the number of handles increase as well.

1. Asus Rog Strix X299-E Gaming.. Bios 1503 of the 08/03/2018 also does it with Bios 1602 but other issues there
    2. Asus Rog Strix Vega 56, ICUE for keyboard and mouse
    3. No difference on power cycling
    4. Reinstalled Aura several times
    5. Windows 10 Pro 1809.17763.195
    6. The issue of CPU usage increasing yes, but the handle issue I hadn't noticed. Also previous version just at times didn't work.
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos Pic 1.JPG  

Administrator Array MasterC@ROG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WMudrockJr View Post
    All effects causes an increase in CPU usage over time, but also the number of handles increase as well.

1. Asus Rog Strix X299-E Gaming.. Bios 1503 of the 08/03/2018 also does it with Bios 1602 but other issues there
    2. Asus Rog Strix Vega 56, ICUE for keyboard and mouse
    3. No difference on power cycling
    4. Reinstalled Aura several times
    5. Windows 10 Pro 1809.17763.195
    6. The issue of CPU usage increasing yes, but the handle issue I hadn't noticed. Also previous version just at times didn't work.
    I know you need iCUE for your peripherals but can you try to disable/uninstall it and observe CPU utilization again? We have found it to be a significant impact in some cases.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by SaLSouL View Post
    Source of the report https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/as...abilities.html

Details:

A security company called SecureAuth shares word that that two drivers from Asus and also two from Gigabyte contain vulnerabilities. The drivers come bundled with tools that companies provide for motherboards and video cards.In total, there are seven vulnerabilities affecting five software products, and researchers wrote exploit code for each of them. Many of them might still be unaddressed. Two of the vulnerable drivers are installed by the Aura Sync software (v1.07.22 and earlier) from ASUS and the flaws they carry can be exploited for local code execution reports tweakers.net via bleeping computer:The vulnerabilities lead to privilege escalation via software like the GIGABYTE App Center (v1.05.21 and below), AORUS Graphics Engine (v1.33 and below), the XTREME Engine utility (v1.25 and earlier), and OC Guru II (v2.08). The vulnerabilities are tagged under CVE-2018-18535, CVE-2018-18536 and CVE-2018-1853. The first and last allow the execution of code with elevated rights, the second can lead to the reading and writing of data via the I/O ports.ASUS has been informed in November last year. In April, Asus released a new version of Aura Sync, but it only fixed two of the three problems, according to SecureAuth.Vulnerable PackagesASUS Aura Sync v1.07.22 and previous versions

What does Asus recommend we do @raja @MasterC

-regards

Sal
    I had a feeling lol.

ROG Junior Member Array

I bought my computer (with mostly ASUS Aura compatible parts) more than a year ago.
    I tried countless versions, re-installs, workarounds ... I had given up and was letting all the LED's go on randomly without any software.

Until today... when I decided to give it one last try !

FINALLY, version 1.07.22 IS working, no freezing, no HUGE CPU load (3-4%, could be better but hey, at least, it works !)

Merry Christmas and Happy new year to all

ROG Junior Member Array JonnyB1989 PC Specs
    JonnyB1989 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)GL752VW
    MotherboardZenith II Extreme
    ProcessorAMD Threadripper 3960X
    Memory (part number)64 GB Corsair Dominator Platinium RGB CL16
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3090 Gaming OC
    Sound CardCreative Sound BlasterX AE-7
    MonitorAsus ROG SWIFT PG278Q
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Pro 512 GB
    Storage #2Crucial MX500 2TB
    CPU CoolerWatercoll Heatkiller IV Pro Theradipper
    CaseColermaster Cosmos C700M
    Power SupplySeasonic XPS3 860 Watt
    Keyboard Corsair K95
    Mouse Logitech G502 Powerplay
    Headset Beyerdynamic TYGR 300 R
    Mouse Pad Logitech Powerplay
    Headset/Speakers Teufel Concept E Magnum Power Edition 5.1
    OS Windows 10

I have a Zenith Extreme running on Bios 1601, LED EC1 Version: AUMA0-E6K5-0105 and LED EC2 Version: AULA0-S072-021.
    The Zenith Extreme, G. Skill Tridendz RGB are the aura enabled parts i own. Corsair iCue is insalled to control my Keyboard.
    Powercycling did nothing.
    Reinstalling AURA version 1.06.29-1.07.22 made no diffrence, ALL THOSE VERSIONS DIDN`T DETECT ANY KIND OF RGB COMPONETS.
    Sevral builds of Windows 10 1803 and 1809 made no diffrence and i don´t reinstall windows for a sh**ty programmed rgb software.
    The working versions of aura were until 1.06.17

How about a better uninstall routine? The actual one leaves a big mess in the windows registry and on the windowsdrive, the aura cleaner did nothing.
    Searching the windows registry for "AURA", hiting F3 for over an hour and deleting evrything that was conected to AURA and its Lighting Service.
    Made a big diffrence now version 1.07.22 works just fine.

Thanks Asus for f***ing up evryones windows install, with your carelessnes. -.-
    Last edited by JonnyB1989; 12-26-2018 at 04:17 PM.

New ROGer Array

The software was working as expected until my PC went to sleep. After waking it, the motherboard stopped lighting up and stopped appearing in the Aura Sync software. Also, the RGB strip that was plugged into the non-addressable header will only display in white and not change with the components that still work with the sync software.

1. The BIOS/firmware version for your hardware.

American Megatrends Inc.
    Version 0602

2. The AURA SYNC products you own and any other 3rd-party lighting software.

Z390-E motherboard
    ROG STRIX 2080TI
    TridentZ RGB RAM
    Razer Synapse, CAM for NZXT cooler

3. If a power cycle has made any difference. (Shutdown, power off, unplug power cable for a minute)

Nope.

4. If you have tried reinstalling Aura or Windows already.

Aura, yes. I'm not reinstalling Windows for this.

5. Do you have Aura for Graphics Cards installed also. (Please uninstall)

No.

6. OS build/version.

Windows 10 Version 1809 (OS Build 17763.195)

7. If the issue was present in the previous version(s).

No, but everything briefly worked with this version, until the computer went to sleep.

Please Include a screenshot of the Aura UI, and any other pictures if applicable.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture_aura.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	221.2 KB 
ID:	77815

New ROGer Array

Problem with Aura

Hi

When i bought my Asus rog strix b350-f gaming motherboard half year ago Aura Sync worked as it should but since 3 bios updates later
    it sometimes dont light up when powering on my PC.

I need to start Aura Sync when logging in to windows then it lights up and stay as it should. Its only when PC was powered down
    that sometime doesn´t light up.

What can i do? I have set RGB to be off when PC is shut down but it should light up when i power on my PC

I have Windows 10 64BIT Home

ROG Enthusiast Array rexbinary PC Specs
    rexbinary PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 9 5950x
    Memory (part number)G.SKILL Trident Z Neo 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3600 CL16
    Graphics Card #1NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti FE
    MonitorAcer Predator XB271HU 27" WQHD IPS NVIDIA G-Sync Black/Red Gaming Monitor
    Storage #1Samsung 980 PRO 2TB x2
    Storage #2WD_BLACK 10TB HD
    CPU CoolerArctic Liquid Freezer II 360
    CaseFractal Design Meshify 2 Dark Tinted Glass
    Power SupplyCORSAIR HX Series HX850
    Keyboard Logitech G512 Carbon GX Blue
    Mouse Logitech G502 Hero
    Headset SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless
    Mouse Pad XTracGear Carbonic XXL Desk Mat
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Speaker System Z906
    OS Windows 10 Pro

Hi all,

I have a Z390-H mobo and AURA SYNC doesn't detect the mobo lighting, but I'm not 100% sure it should. In the UEFI BIOS it has controls there for AURA lighting on the mobo. AURA SYNC does detect my STRIX 1080 Ti, and my Trident Z RGB memory which I can control just fine.

Z390-H, STRIX 1080 Ti, Trident Z RGB Memory

3. If a power cycle has made any difference. (Shutdown, power off, unplug power cable for a minute)
    No difference.

No to both.

No

6. OS build/version.
    Win 10 Pro 1809 17763.195 64-bit

Not sure. 1.07.22 is the first version I have ever installed.

Thanks!

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950x | Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero (BIOS 3801) | Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360
    Memory: G.SKILL Trident Z Neo 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 | GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti FE | PSU: Corsair HX Series HX850
    Drives: Samsung 980 PRO 2TB x2, WD_BLACK 10TB HD | Case: Fractal Design Meshify 2 Dark Tinted Glass

ROG Member Array hollywood_onion's Avatar

Z370 asus max formula X

No difference.

tried reinstalling (run setup, reboot, run setup again, reboot). not reinstalling windows over "rgb" software

No

6. OS build/version.
    Win 10 Pro 1809 64bit

issue was not occuring until i upgraded to the latest version (1.0.7.22) of aura sync.

Administrator Array MasterC@ROG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood_onion View Post

Z370 asus max formula X

No difference.

tried reinstalling (run setup, reboot, run setup again, reboot). not reinstalling windows over "rgb" software

No

6. OS build/version.
    Win 10 Pro 1809 64bit

issue was not occuring until i upgraded to the latest version (1.0.7.22) of aura sync.
    What issue are you experiencing? Please elaborate.

Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast