cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio crashing frustration - GM501GM, solved?

filbee
Level 7
Just going to post this here in case someone else has this issue.....

I have a chronic crashing problem with a 6 month old GM501GM - reliability history tells the story, with "Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation stopped working" a repeated entry in my logs. Sometimes the audio craps out, sometimes I get a BSOD too. I've tried reinstalling audio drivers, checked any other audio software isn't getting in the way, disabled sound enhancements, etc

I've just finished a chat with Microsoft who say it could be a "corrupted sound card" (lol) on the laptop and suggested rolling back to version 1709 of WIndows 10. I declined their kind offer of nuking my entire system as I've only just done another clean install with the latest version (1809), and this problem has been around for a while now, at least 1803 and onwards.

Web searches point to audiodg.exe being the issue - this is simply the WIndows 10 audio interface. At my wits end, and don't know whether to send the laptop back to Asus for service, when this seems to be a Windows issue?

On the off chance someone has had this and fixed.....you never know!!!
3 REPLIES 3

filbee
Level 7
Update: rolling back to earlier audio driver seems to have fixed things - expand the "downloads" in the Audio section of the support page to find earlier versions

kaikai311
Level 7
I'm experiencing this on fx504GM, I suspect this may be the cause of my hard freeze. What version of the driver are you using? There's only one audio driver version on ASUS website and it did not work. But for my case audio is fine. Just that everytime it restarts, it will be logged in Windows Reliability History.

seaeagle2323
Level 8
I had the same issues with my zephrus I just updated to the latest OS build and also used driver booster to install the latest realtek drivers(only way i could get them to update)i also have sonic studio installed and not getting 1 drop out! i went from 2-3 a day to none!