cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NewEgg safe for buying new motherboards?

jrrog1975
Level 7
I'm thinking about returning the Maximus XI Code that I just received from Amazon because it has so many fingerprints and scratches on the plastic pieces. NewEgg seems to get stock more often, but they have a no refund return policy on motherboards. Has anyone had a bad experience with NewEgg? I've seen reports of bent pins, etc.
14 REPLIES 14

Feklar
Level 8
I buy a lot of parts from Newegg without issue. I am also a Newegg Premium member so that's a plus. I also only live 30 miles fro their warehouse so anything shipped from them to me arrives the next day.

i9 12900k + Asus Maximus Z690 Apex + EVGA RTX 3090 Ti FTW3 ULTRA
G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR5 6000l XMP 3.0 Desktop Memory Model F5-6000U4040E16GX2-TZ5RK+ Samsung 870 Pro SSD, EVO 1TB, EVO 2TB
EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 T2 Power Supply + Fractal Meshify 2 XL case
Ek Velocity 2 CPU block, Ek GPU block
Koolance Fittings and QDC's + Mo-Ra 3 Pro 4x180 Radiator
LG 38GL950G Monitor +
Windows 10 Pro

Top3koms
Level 7
I have been ordering motherboards from Newegg for quite awhile ,not many motherboards maybe 6-8 ,but I have not had any issues with any of the motherboards I have purchased from them.I recently purchased the same Maximus XI Code from Newegg and have no issues so far but it is just waiting in the box as I am still waiting on the 9900K to set it up.

Top3koms wrote:
I have been ordering motherboards from Newegg for quite awhile ,not many motherboards maybe 6-8 ,but I have not had any issues with any of the motherboards I have purchased from them.I recently purchased the same Maximus XI Code from Newegg and have no issues so far but it is just waiting in the box as I am still waiting on the 9900K to set it up.

The two NewEgg reviews mention fingerprints. Would you mind opening the box and let me know if you see any fingerprints, etc on the board?

NemesisChild
Level 12
Are you kidding? Newegg is probably the most trusted and reliable source for PC parts on the web.

I've been buying from Newegg for many years, never once had a problem.

They stand by their products and great customer service.
Intel i9 10850K@ 5.3GHz
ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E
Corsair H115i Pro XT
G.Skill TridentZ@ 3600MHz CL14 2x16GB
EVGA RTX 3090 Ti FWT3 Ultra
Storage: WD Blue SN550 2TB NVMe M.2
EVGA SuperNova 1200 P2
ASUS ROG Strix Helios GX601

GotKevlar
Level 7
Ive never had any issues with newegg having poor inventory or damaged products.

Korth
Level 14
My experiences with newegg.ca and newegg.com have always been good.

I always buy "New", not "Used/Refurbed", if that makes any difference.

Canadian consumer law requires all Canadian vendors (like newegg.ca) accept returns for full refund or for "equivalent value" exchange within 30 days. Regardless of the item type, without any need for the item to be damaged or defective, the consumer only needs to state that he/she "isn't satisfied with the product". This is the law, it always supersedes any vendor-imposed rules about "we don't accept returns/exchanges on [whatever] after product is open, etc". Although vendors can impose "restocking fees" or (excessive) shipping/freight charges to discourage (or recoup costs) of bad business, and vendors can choose to reject business from any customers they just don't want to deal with.

ASUS motherboards seem to always come in hugely oversized boxes filled with extra advertising and extra packaging materials. I've had a few ASUS products arrive in slightly damaged packaging - suggesting some dropping, crushing, rough handling or other abuse during stocking/shipping - I've even had a huge ROG Swift monitor box arrive with very obvious forklift damage - but the ASUS contents themselves remained completely intact.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

Nate152
Newegg and Amazon are probably the top two online stores for pc parts, I've ordered from both and never had any problems, you might even get a 10% discount at Amazon. They gave me 10% off my 6700k just by using their chat and asking them if it was on sale, he said no but since you're a valued customer I'll give you 10% off. Try it, it may work for you too.

Feklar
Level 8
One thing I do have to mention about buying a new Asus motherboard from Newegg. In all the years I have bought them, not a single motherboard box was ever factory sealed. Nothing was ever damaged or missing, just never sealed. This is normal and nothing to worry about.

i9 12900k + Asus Maximus Z690 Apex + EVGA RTX 3090 Ti FTW3 ULTRA
G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR5 6000l XMP 3.0 Desktop Memory Model F5-6000U4040E16GX2-TZ5RK+ Samsung 870 Pro SSD, EVO 1TB, EVO 2TB
EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 T2 Power Supply + Fractal Meshify 2 XL case
Ek Velocity 2 CPU block, Ek GPU block
Koolance Fittings and QDC's + Mo-Ra 3 Pro 4x180 Radiator
LG 38GL950G Monitor +
Windows 10 Pro

I wouldn't after all of the horror stories. My go to is Amazon and Microcenter (where I can return it locally).

ROG Hero XIII | 10900k @5.2 GHz | g.skill 2x32GB 4200 CL18 | ROG Strix 2070S | EK Nucleus 360 Dark | 6TB SSD/nvme, 16TB external HDD | 2x 1440p | Vanatoo speakers with Klipsch sub | Fractal Meshify 2 case