cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus XI hero 390, wifi good but no ethernet.

TheOnlyDoor
Level 7
So I just finished a new build with the Maximus XI hero and an i7 8086.
Everything is working good except I can only connect to the internet via the on board wifi. Driver disk installed, ethernet light is on in the back but windows settings only shows Wifi and somthing else about remote access......but no local area connection.
How do I fix this. Wifi is ok but I prefer wired for gaming.
Thanks in advance.
7 REPLIES 7

HiVizMan
Level 40
Forgive me for asking the obvious question.

Is your lan cable connected to the router and is the router powered on?
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

BillBittel
Level 12
Maybe it has to do with your LAN drivers not being installed. Have a look at this.

https://www.techpowerup.com/248827/asus-z390-motherboards-automatically-push-software-into-your-wind...

HiVizMan
Level 40
Good find BillBittel thank you.

I am so used to Win10 simply working with pretty much everything from the get go I did not even think about specific drivers being needed as Windows 10 doesn't support the new Z390 integrated Ethernet controller out of the box.

Also I have added to your reputation mate valuable contribution you have made.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
Good find BillBittel thank you.

I am so used to Win10 simply working with pretty much everything from the get go I did not even think about specific drivers being needed as Windows 10 doesn't support the new Z390 integrated Ethernet controller out of the box.

Also I have added to your reputation mate valuable contribution you have made.

Thanks HiVizMan. I just stumbled across that article yesterday and when I read your post, it kind of jumped out at me. I would not have thought of it either. From your post it sounds like that was the culprit so glad you got it working. Glad to help out. 🙂

BillBittel@Me.com wrote:
Thanks HiVizMan. I just stumbled across that article yesterday and when I read your post, it kind of jumped out at me. I would not have thought of it either. From your post it sounds like that was the culprit so glad you got it working. Glad to help out. 🙂

Dosent the Asus CD it came with install those drivers? I saw the ethernet driver in the liest of install items in the asus software.
Is there a current fix or must we wait for new drivers?

HiVizMan
Level 40
The driver should be on your CD or simply download via wifi :cool: (could not resist)

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/ROG-MAXIMUS-XI-HERO-WI-FI/HelpDesk_Download/

Once installed you should be good to go.

HiVizMan wrote:
The driver should be on your CD or simply download via wifi :cool: (could not resist)

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/ROG-MAXIMUS-XI-HERO-WI-FI/HelpDesk_Download/

Once installed you should be good to go.

Thank you for your help