cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adaptive Voltage. 7700k. maximus ix hero.

Kolonka
Level 7
hi,
i want to set voltage to adaptive. my stable settings with manual voltage were 4.9ghz@1.285v. llc is level 4

i have set (screenshots in the attachments):
offset mode sign -
additional turbo mode cpu core voltage to 1.335v
offset voltage 0.1v
-> total adaptive mode cpu core voltage 1.235v
it seems to run stable.

do i understand correctly that below 4.2ghz it will run with 0.1v less then default voltage and 1.235v with more then 4.2ghz?
cpuz and hwmonitor are reading 4.9ghz@~1.235v (screenshots in the attachments). how is it possible that it can handle 4.9ghz at much lower voltage then in manual mode?
3 REPLIES 3

HiVizMan
Level 40
Forgive me but I do not see 4900Mhz I see 4600Mhz in your screenshot with the prim95 test running I must be missing something here.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
Forgive me but I do not see 4900Mhz I see 4600Mhz in your screenshot with the prim95 test running I must be missing something here.

it is fluctuating between 46 and 49. some other program seems to do avx things in background which triggers avx offset. most of the time it was 49. prime95 is v26.6, so it was just bad timing for the screenshot 😛

Nate152
Hi Kolonka

You understand it right, the voltage fluctuates with the frequency, so when the frequency drops the voltage drops as well.

Personally, I'd ditch prime95 and install ROG Realbench, then I'd set AVX offset to 0 and the cpu should stay at its overclock. Realbench puts 100% load on the cpu and isn't as harsh as prime95, you should get better temps with Realbench too.

Care to give it a try? Set AVX offset to 0.

https://rog.asus.com/rog-pro/realbench-v2-leaderboard/

My score with the 7700k