cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long awaited system upgrade with my first custom hardline watercooling

jarvo101
Level 7
So I've finally felt the need to upgrade my old 2500k system after more than 10 years of stellar service. I'd had it clocked at 4.5GHz on a Maximus IV Extreme and paired with a GTX970 for 1080p gaming and photo editing, I guess it speaks volumes for just how much of a beast the 2500k was that it's lasted so long!

Anyways, new system as follows:
- Thermaltake View 71
- ROG Maximus X Hero
- 8700k de-lidded with conductonaut and clocked to 5GHz @1.35v
- MSI GTX1080Ti Seahawk EK X clocked to 2062/6066
- 16Gb G.Skill Trident Z 3600Mhz
- EVGA 850W Supernova + Cablemods cables
- LG 27UD68P 4k IPS monitor + my old Dell U2412M 1080p IPS
_ ROG Pugio and Logitech G910
- Logitech Z2300 2.1 speakers
- Oculus Rift
- ROG Aura terminal

Maybe a bit too much RGB for some folks but I like it and damn it's impressive all synced up and slowly colour cycling 😄

Cooling loop specs:
- MCP355 with XSPC top
- Old school BlackIce 360GTX rad in front in push/pull
- EK PE420 rad up top
- Alphacool XPX CPU block
- EK/MSI 1080Ti block
- Alphacool Helix res
- 16mm PETG hard tube

Next upgrade will likely be a 2nd or 3rd gen RTX if they're not still astronomical prices but hopefully this setup lasts me as long as my last one! 😄
3 REPLIES 3

HiVizMan
Level 40
Bling is all good matey. Nice system and nice CPU and real tidy build.

Should be very proud of that.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
Bling is all good matey. Nice system and nice CPU and real tidy build.

Should be very proud of that.

Thanks! I am indeed proud of it and love how it looks.

The View 71 made it pretty easy tbh, it's a dream to build in as there's so much room and so many mounting options for everything without having to drill any extra holes like I had to in my old Cosmos S. The only negative I've found with it is the glass panel on the front does have quite an impact on airflow with the high-RPM fans the 360GTX needs, my water temps under load drop a good 4 or 5C if i take it off!

EDIT: Idle/ low load web browsing temps
T_Sensor 1 is ambient air temp from a wire probe just outside the front of the case

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40