Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    6

    [Strix Scar II] - Cooling Pad Causes FPS Drop Terribly

    Hi guys, I've found out an awkward situation that whenever I place the laptop over the cooling pad (mine is cooler master), it immediately drops my fps from 8x to 2x randomly and resulting it laggy.

    At first, I was though it was the hardware or software issue and I tried to do so many things like clean install windows, re update the BIOS (mine is 304) and finally it turned out that because of the cooling pad I've purchased weeks ago.

    Has any of you encountered this?

    [UPDATE] - I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE Came to the ASUS Service yesterday and they said that I am not the only one.
    Last edited by cumeo; 11-06-2018 at 01:26 PM.

  2. #2
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    48

    maybe cuz of faulty usb cable

  3. #3
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by thebiggboss180 View Post
    maybe cuz of faulty usb cable
    I did not plug the cooling pad USB directly to any USB port of the laptop. I plugged it to my Anker Powercore so it is not the case .

    Update: It happens even when I do not plug-in the cooling pad to any power source.
    Last edited by cumeo; 10-27-2018 at 05:39 PM.

  4. #4
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    3

    Same here

    Quote Originally Posted by cumeo View Post
    Hi guys, I've found out an awkward situation that whenever I place the laptop over the cooling pad (mine is cooler master), it immediately drops my fps from 8x to 2x randomly and resulting it laggy.

    At first, I was though it was the hardware or software issue and I tried to do so many things like clean install windows, re update the BIOS (mine is 304) and finally it turned out that because of the cooling pad I've purchased weeks ago.

    Has any of you encountered this?

    [UPDATE] - I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE Came to the ASUS Service yesterday and they said that I am not the only one.
    I am also having a similar problem. Whenever I try to keep my laptop a little bit elevated from my table, I get fps drops. I think the cooling pad is also showing the same problem because of elevation of laptop from table :/ doesnt make sense though

  5. #5
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    3

    Same here, even if the cooling pad level fps drop still experienced. That's why when playing games I never use any cooling pad.
    Better if Asus have answer on this matter.

  6. #6
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Bharath_98 View Post
    I am also having a similar problem. Whenever I try to keep my laptop a little bit elevated from my table, I get fps drops. I think the cooling pad is also showing the same problem because of elevation of laptop from table :/ doesnt make sense though
    I have the same problem too!! I thought is only my laptop. Do you know why ?

  7. #7
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Reputation
    11
    Posts
    120

    I've put this issue in the FAQ here https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...ting-amp-Guide

    Long story short - because cooling pad affects hardware cooling algorithms. This is best explanation so far.

  8. #8
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    3

    Quote Originally Posted by McCoy View Post
    I've put this issue in the FAQ here https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...ting-amp-Guide

    Long story short - because cooling pad affects hardware cooling algorithms. This is best explanation so far.
    But in my case, I am not using any cooling pads. I am just keeping my laptop a little bit elevated from my laptop table using a book or anything. Asus must give a proper response to this.

  9. #9
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    3

    Quote Originally Posted by dalladirosa View Post
    I have the same problem too!! I thought is only my laptop. Do you know why ?
    Nope, not yet. I am hoping that Asus will tell us a solution. I'mma try going to the service center and talking to them.

  10. #10
    ROG Junior Member Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    1

    i had same issue anyone had solutions?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •