cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Strix Scar II] - Cooling Pad Causes FPS Drop Terribly

cumeo
Level 7
Hi guys, I've found out an awkward situation that whenever I place the laptop over the cooling pad (mine is cooler master), it immediately drops my fps from 8x to 2x randomly and resulting it laggy.

At first, I was though it was the hardware or software issue and I tried to do so many things like clean install windows, re update the BIOS (mine is 304) and finally it turned out that because of the cooling pad I've purchased weeks ago.

Has any of you encountered this?

[UPDATE] - I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE Came to the ASUS Service yesterday and they said that I am not the only one.
14 REPLIES 14

thebiggboss180
Level 9
maybe cuz of faulty usb cable

thebiggboss180 wrote:
maybe cuz of faulty usb cable

I did not plug the cooling pad USB directly to any USB port of the laptop. I plugged it to my Anker Powercore so it is not the case :).

Update: It happens even when I do not plug-in the cooling pad to any power source.

Bharath_98
Level 7
cumeo wrote:
Hi guys, I've found out an awkward situation that whenever I place the laptop over the cooling pad (mine is cooler master), it immediately drops my fps from 8x to 2x randomly and resulting it laggy.

At first, I was though it was the hardware or software issue and I tried to do so many things like clean install windows, re update the BIOS (mine is 304) and finally it turned out that because of the cooling pad I've purchased weeks ago.

Has any of you encountered this?

[UPDATE] - I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE Came to the ASUS Service yesterday and they said that I am not the only one.

I am also having a similar problem. Whenever I try to keep my laptop a little bit elevated from my table, I get fps drops. I think the cooling pad is also showing the same problem because of elevation of laptop from table 😕 doesnt make sense though 😞

Same here, even if the cooling pad level fps drop still experienced. That's why when playing games I never use any cooling pad.
Better if Asus have answer on this matter.

Bharath_98 wrote:
I am also having a similar problem. Whenever I try to keep my laptop a little bit elevated from my table, I get fps drops. I think the cooling pad is also showing the same problem because of elevation of laptop from table 😕 doesnt make sense though 😞

I have the same problem too!! I thought is only my laptop. Do you know why ?

I've put this issue in the FAQ here https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?106660-GL504GS-GM-useful-thread-Troubleshooting-amp-Guide

Long story short - because cooling pad affects hardware cooling algorithms. This is best explanation so far.

McCoy wrote:
I've put this issue in the FAQ here https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?106660-GL504GS-GM-useful-thread-Troubleshooting-amp-Guide

Long story short - because cooling pad affects hardware cooling algorithms. This is best explanation so far.

But in my case, I am not using any cooling pads. I am just keeping my laptop a little bit elevated from my laptop table using a book or anything. Asus must give a proper response to this.

dalladirosa wrote:
I have the same problem too!! I thought is only my laptop. Do you know why ?

Nope, not yet. I am hoping that Asus will tell us a solution. I'mma try going to the service center and talking to them.

STRIXTO
Level 7
i had same issue anyone had solutions?