cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instability detected (RealBench 2.56)

tistou77
Level 13
Hello

I can not remember, with the message "instability detected (Handbrake)" with the Stress Test (a few minutes after the start of the test)
It's related to Vcore ?

Thanks
Sorry for my english 😄

Case: Lian Li A77F
MB: Rampage VI Extreme Encore
CPU: i9 10980XE
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB Royal 4x8Gb @4000 C16
GPU: EVGA RTX 2080ti XC Ultra
PSU: Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 1000W
DATA: Samsung 980 Pro
SOUND: Asus Xonar Phoebus
13 REPLIES 13

HiVizMan
Level 40
I recall it meaning that the ram load density is exposed. How much memory are you running tistou77?
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
I recall it meaning that the ram load density is exposed. How much memory are you running tistou77?

There is 16GB of ram tested on 32GB
Stability problem of ram (or Cache) ?

Thanks
Sorry for my english 😄

HiVizMan
Level 40
I assume you are OC'ing the ram. 😄

And I assume you have passed with stock before you began the test?

That stop in the 32Gb or 64Gb portion of the test means that while using that portion of the profile the ram contents are not what they were supposed to be. Instability will not always result in a BSOD of course but the stop error happens when the OS kernal goes wait something is wrong and halts stuff.

This can be caused by OS memory corruption on specific loads, that do not occur in kernal space, or do not produce a memory page read/write error. No BSOD but data will have been corrupted.

If you think it could be ram not being strong enough, I assume your IMC is good. Increase voltages very slightly but as I suggested earlier ensure you can pass the tests at stock before making changes.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

tistou77
Level 13
Thanks for your help

I passed the tests with this OC (I changed the ram a few months ago and I do not know if I had tested with these ram) and the rams are OC
Here, I wanted to test with the new graphics card (@stock, default OC)
Sorry for my english 😄

HiVizMan
Level 40
OK - a new graphic card in the mix can mess with the OS kernal as you know.

Do me a quick favour please my friend. Save your OC profile in the BIOS and run stock everything. It should pass then. If not then see if your windows error logs are picking up graphic driver caused errors or something else. But I assume you do a full clean VGA install each time you swap out a VGA.

But for now I want to be sure that the system passes with the memory at defaults please.

tistou77
Level 13
I will test @Stock 😉

First I tested down the frequency of the CPU (and AVX) and it's past 15 minutes
I just do a test by increasing the Vcore a bit (I know that I had touched the AVX Offset some time ago, maybe I had not put in stable frequencies)

Thanks so much for your help
Sorry for my english 😄

Vlada011
Level 10
Guys who knows maybe why ASUS Real Bench 2.56 not show CPU Temps.
CPU Max and Min is 0. Only CPU Usage. But I can read with other softwares HWInfo64, AID64, BIOS, etc...
Before was visible. Only I could remember was reinstall Windows 10. I didn't tried immediately after.

Did you know maybe for some conflict, bug, or etc...

Vlada011 wrote:
Guys who knows maybe why ASUS Real Bench 2.56 not show CPU Temps.
CPU Max and Min is 0. Only CPU Usage. But I can read with other softwares HWInfo64, AID64, BIOS, etc...
Before was visible. Only I could remember was reinstall Windows 10. I didn't tried immediately after.

Did you know maybe for some conflict, bug, or etc...

In the RealBench\CPUZ directory, you change the .exe to the latest version of CPU-Z
Sorry for my english 😄

tistou77 wrote:
In the RealBench\CPUZ directory, you change the .exe to the latest version of CPU-Z

It's not that, worked before 2 weeks normally.