Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    ROG Member Array

It's really cool that u made a guide. what sux is that the link to your drive software installs a toolbar even if u tell it not to. now i have another friggin problem to deal with!

ROG Member Array

Guide really helped me. I got rid of the toolbar and the code that changed my home page to babylon.

New ROGer Array

Hi, I followed your guide and was unaware for the longest that my computer wasn't utilizing its true 5.1 potential with this motherboard. I've followed your guide multiple times and however upon installing the X-Fi MB2 software, can't activate it. I open the activation tab and it has a pre-assigned activation key which after advancing informs me there was no supported hardware detected.

I'm considering just pitching out $20-30 on a 7.1 soundcard to hopefully rid this problem, but having a product I paid for actually work would be a lot nicer lol. If you could help i'd be appreciative as hell, if it's too big a problem though I can always pitch out some extra cash to hopefully fix the problem, thanks for the guide so far as well too, i'm hoping I'll be able to fix all this nonsense sooner than later

New ROGer Array

Latest drivers problems

Hello to all here present.
    I have a Crosshair V Formula with a FX 8120 and one hd6870 OC and i have a problem with the latest realtek drivers (v2.69).
    The driver from the Asus download center works fine with sb x-fi mb 2 utility except the mic it´s to low even with the mic boost (funny thing before i installed the x-fi mb2 utility the mic worked perfectly even when i whisper the mic detected the sound, after the x-fi mb2 instalation i have to speak a normal conversation at a normal tone sometimes i have to speak loud for the mic to detect some sound), now a couple days ago i installed the lates drivers from realtek (v2.69) and i did all the instalation again , which is discribed on the top of this thread, but now i can´t change any settings x-fi mb2 utility or on realtek ui panel, can´t set up equalizer, thx or eax, the only thing i can do is alter the volume, that´s it.
    So when i revert to to the drivers from the asus download center it worked just fine.
    Can anyone explain to me what´s the problem with realtek v2.69 drivers or is ther any problem with my motherboard and what can i do to fix it to install the latest drivers.
    Best Regards.

New ROGer Array

Dead link and missing activation option

I have followed the fine steps in Henkenators link.
    I ca not find the SB drivers from Asus
    and
    I can not activate my SB.
    How do I activate?

I only have options: SDIF out & Internal Line in

Please help me, as I have used days for this.

ROG Member Array

Sounding good again.

Very excellent instructions. Works like a charm. I've used this method twice now with perfect results. Takes a little time but well worth it. Makes me wonder how many folks missed that little part of the installation and went in circles trying to fix it. Thanks Henkenator. You saved my ears and a little of my sanity. http://rog.asus.com/forum/images/smilies/cool.png

Scooter B.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by PalleLouw View Post
    I have followed the fine steps in Henkenators link.
    I ca not find the SB drivers from Asus
    and
    I can not activate my SB.
    How do I activate?

I only have options: SDIF out & Internal Line in

Please help me, as I have used days for this.
    I am new still so I cant enter links for you. I had a little trouble finding them as well. Any way to send them directly to you? Send me a message or shoot me an e-mail. Im sure we can figure something out. Did you use Driver Sweeper? The AMD sound drivers I found I had to remove them manually from device manager, as Driver Sweeper for some reason didnt see them. To activate simply open your program list ( above Start Menu ) and find Creative, activate. Hope this helps a little.

--Scooter B.

Banned Array

The best way to cure this problem is buy an Asus Xonar sound card and be done with it.

Shut Up Stupid! Array DaemonCantor's Avatar

The AMD Sound Drivers are not a problem since you can turn them off in the Sound Control Panel (The Speaker Icon in the Task Manager...), but what I found was install the Latest Driver from the Asus Support Page, then install the Creative Software then under Start Menu find the Creative Folder and in it click Activate....Wait till it's all done doing it's thing, then update the Realtek Drivers and all should be good!... That's what I did and my sound is Perfect with only one little exception that Guild Wars doesn't recognize the Creative Drivers and only allows standard sound even when using Alchemy.

ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array sectionate PC Specs
    sectionate PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Crosshair V Formula
    Processor8350 - 1090T
    Memory (part number)G Skill Sniper F3-14900CL9-4GBSR
    Graphics Card #1Asus GTX660-DC2O-2GD5
    MonitorAcer GD235HZ - ViewSonic VX2439wm - SyncMaster P2350
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100i
    CaseHAF 932
    Power SupplyCorsair Professional HX850
    Mouse Zowie EC1 eVo
    OS Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise 64bit

none of my ports get detected at all when I plug my headphones or speakers in. Correct setup in bios for front panel as well..
    Crosshair IV 1090T 4093.7 - Crosshair V FX - 8350 Batch # 1243PGT 4.422MHz - 4816.08 MHz 1.5v - GSKILL F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR(x2)1087.6 11-12-10 1.5volts - ViewSonic VX2439wm - Acer GD235HZ - SyncMaster P2350 - PowerColor Red Devil RX 480 8GBD5-3DH/OC - Current Mode: 5760 x 1080 - (retired) ASUS GTX660DC2O2GD5 - Nvidia 3D Vision Wired - HAF 932 - Corsair HX850 - Corsair H100i - latest quakelive.com - Day thirteen 60fps - as always I'm powered by Futurelooks.com

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast