cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS VivoBook 15 X542UR - BIOS Version 306 problem!

bammbammrubble
Level 7
Hello there,
Sorry for the bad English.
ASUS VivoBook 15 X542UR I updated the BIOS in version 306.
The update was successful, but there are some issues.
"F9 - Default" key does not work! When I press the F9 default settings button, the system hangs and can be turned off by pressing the power button.
"F9 - default" display freezes when pressed!
In 306 version the fan works fast! (3000 RPM)
2 minutes after turning off the computer continues to work! There is no error in version 305. 306 version is not stable!
Asus software engineers, please do not publish new versions without performing the required tests!
Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2

raju2529
Level 7
write a email to asus security team. and explain with your current problems .
You can downgrade to previous BIos version using onedrive EZ utility on motherboard .
Intel i5 7200U_ Nvidia 940MX _Windows_11_Enterprise_64bit_22H2_buildno_22621.754

Newseum
Level 7

It seems that the BIOS version 306 has some bugs that affect the F9 key, the fan speed, and the shutdown time of your laptop.

One possible solution is to downgrade your BIOS to the previous version 305, which you said was working fine. You can use the EZ Flash utility on your motherboard to do this . However, please be careful when doing this, as a wrong BIOS file or a power failure during the process could damage your device.

Another option is to contact the ASUS support team and explain your situation. They might be able to provide you with a newer BIOS version that fixes the issues, or guide you through the troubleshooting steps. You can find their contact information on their official website.