Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Asus Prime Z390-A motherboard vs Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming

Quote Originally Posted by Fenrir-Lima View Post
    0802 Bios seems to have solved my problem. Already restarted/turned on the PC at least 5 times and it went to the 970 GTX normally. No Bios setup needed.

Also did the Nvidia Firmware update, but it says its for Displayport and since Im using HDMI, dont think this is what solved it
    Did you try the 0802 Beta bios? I have the same problem with Asus Prime Z390-A mother board and Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming VGA. Unfortunately can't try the display port related firmware update because I haven't got another PC where I could update the firmware of the VGA. I am a little scared of the beta version bios but If you say it works well maybe I should make a try.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by zamostnyr View Post
    Did you try the 0802 Beta bios? I have the same problem with Asus Prime Z390-A mother board and Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming VGA. Unfortunately can't try the display port related firmware update because I haven't got another PC where I could update the firmware of the VGA. I am a little scared of the beta version bios but If you say it works well maybe I should make a try.
    In my case, I could boot the computer using the onboard GPU with the 970 installed and then change the cable to use the 970 when already in windows. But I had to do that every boot. So I got to windows and updated the firmware on the same. But as I said before I don`t think this was what solved since the firmware is to update the displayport and Im using HDMI.

And yes, Z390-E with 0802 beta

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Fenrir-Lima View Post
    In my case, I could boot the computer using the onboard GPU with the 970 installed and then change the cable to use the 970 when already in windows. But I had to do that every boot. So I got to windows and updated the firmware on the same. But as I said before I don`t think this was what solved since the firmware is to update the displayport and Im using HDMI.

And yes, Z390-E with 0802 beta
    Thanks for the details. Tried with the new BIOS but unfortunately doesn't work. With onboard GPU everything works well but after changed the cable to the VGA I have no video signal. The device manager doesn't see any device in the PCIe slot nor my BIOS. The motherboard seems to be fully incompatible with the VGA. It is a big shame on Asus so I think it was the last time I bought an Asus hardware.

ROG Junior Member Array

Same issue for me. 9700K, z-390a and my EVGA 1080ti sc hybrid that works in my old z97a/4790k rig just fine . I do have 2 M.2's in both slots and shouldn't be an issue since the M.2's use PCH lanes not CPU lanes and those PCH lanes are shared between SATA and M.2, and I have no other drives anyhow. New 390 rig setup just fine using iGPU, no issues. 1080Ti is not recognized in BIOS in the 1st 16x slot, just says nothing present. Tried all BIOS revs up till newest 805, to no avail. However it is recognized in the 2nd 16x slot just fine at 8x Native. Exchanged for another z390-a and will see what happens. I have an ASUS case # for this and even escalated support has no issue what is going on. I did apprise them to these few forum posts that touch this subject. I'm a network engineer been building rigs for myself and supporting ASUS for my clients as well. If this new z390a does the same, I will be done with supporting ASUS and will replace all Client seats with other brands going into the future. I'll update my situation (if anyone still checks in here) as soon as I swap in the new z390a.

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array MrAgapiGC PC Specs
    MrAgapiGC PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus XI Code
    Processor9900K
    Memory (part number)CMK32GX4M4B3600C18
    Graphics Card #1STRIX-GTX1080ti-O8G-GAMING
    MonitorAOC AGON AG2701QX (2)
    Storage #1Samsung 960 EVO 256GB
    Storage #2Kingston Savage 500GB
    CPU CoolerNzxt X74 360mm AIO
    CaseNzxt H700
    Power SupplyEVGA 850 G2
    Keyboard Logitech G810
    Mouse Asus Spartha
    Headset Hyper X Cloud Revolver S
    Mouse Pad Hyper X Fury S 900mx420mm
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z337
    OS Windows 10 64btis
    Network RouterTpLink Archer C9
    Accessory #1 EKWB FANs all of them

mmm interesting. I have I issue regarding a z390 code Xi let me get all post together and make some notes.
    Learn, Play Enjoy!

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by zamostnyr View Post
    Thanks for the details. Tried with the new BIOS but unfortunately doesn't work. With onboard GPU everything works well but after changed the cable to the VGA I have no video signal. The device manager doesn't see any device in the PCIe slot nor my BIOS. The motherboard seems to be fully incompatible with the VGA. It is a big shame on Asus so I think it was the last time I bought an Asus hardware.
    Be sure to have latest bios which should be 0805 still. Be sure that the videocard is firm in the slot and the pci-e power cables are well connected on both ends. If the card is very heavy, rotate the case to put the mainboard flat, at least during troobleshoot. Then do this:
    1) clear cmos
    See if you can enter bios with cables connected only to the discrete gpu.
    2) if so, disable the IGP from bios and set priority to pci-express.

ROG Member Array

Have the same issues on a ASUS Z390-F Gaming Mainboard, with the latest Bios 0903 (and Bios before, too).

Very often it happens that when I install a new video card (no matter which), the computer does not boot properly. You always end up in the bios. The reason is that my NVME SSD is not found in the PCI-E M2 slot. She just disappeared. The reset by jumper does not work at all, the bios is not completely reset, this can be seen in the settings. Even removing the Bios battery for longer does not help. It Looks like the GPU in the PCI-E 16x No.1 suddenly "kills" the NVME SSD in the M2_2 slot. This also runs in PCI-E mode.

As soon as I remove the GPU from the PCI-E slot and use the integrated GPU of my Intel Core i9 9900K, everything works and the computer boots back to Windows.

I have always been able to solve the problem differently, and it was mostly coincidence that everything worked again.

Remove GPU from PCI-E 16x_1, remove NVME SSD from M2_2 slot, reset BIOS (battery out), restart without devices, reset BIOS again. Exchange Ram memory to another banks, again Bios Reset. And if all this still does not work, then flashing the last bios version again and Reset Bios again (Remove Battery). That worked the last time. Then everything went again.

Yesterday I tried to swap the GTX1060 with an ASUS RTX 2060, and the same problems occurred again. After the same procedure as described above, I got the system running.

I do not believe in a defect, as I previously had the ASUS Z370-H motherboard, with EXACTLY the same problems.

Anyway, according to mainbaord manuals, I have always taken the NVME SSD slot that did not use "shared" and worked in PCI-E mode.

I'm also worried that the jumper does not seem to reset the bios properly. There seems to be a "global" problem here.

New ROGer Array Pablo99 PC Specs
    Pablo99 PC Specs
    MotherboardZ390-F
    Processor9700K
    Memory (part number)CMK16GX4M2D3000C16
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GTX1070 SC
    Storage #1Samsung 970 EVO 500G
    CPU CoolerEK Velocity
    CaseThermaltake The Tower
    Power SupplyCorsair TX750W

Hi,

First post but long time ASUS MB user. Experiencing the exact same problems as described in this and many other threads. Z390f with 9700k , GTX1070. Samsung M2 970 500G in slot 1. Water cooled system with only 2 case fans 0.6A total of cha2 header. Corsair vengeance 2 X 8G 3000 Mhz in appropriate slots for 2 dimms. No mem test just yet.

Have struggled with it for nearly 2 weeks and cannot find a stable setup. initially this build , which is new, was perfectly reliable. I'm sure a windows update pushed it over the edge.

Right now the issue is loss of video at any point in time. This can include while editing bios. Bios recovered this morning to 0905 , Current nvidia drivers clean install with barebones , driver + physx. Cleaned out with DDU previous. All power setting at performance level and both bios and OS fastboot disabled.

Some symptoms , from today only,

Machine may power off and back on at any stage in the post. RED , Yellow , White LED. Sometimes the white led stays on and in a few minutes it may reboot or power off. It may power cycle multiple times 6, 7, 8 times then hang or it may finally boot.

Loss of video during game play , only recoverable by reboot. Sometimes it'll need power off to reboot. It is common for case fans to change speed or stop when the video loss occurs.

Forgive the slightly rambling post , windows , clean install originally , has been tried twice since. Driver updates disabled. Noticed 12V rail is being read at 10.5-10.8V by MB ( Corsair HX1000W older model ) PSU was bullet proof in previous build for years. Have installed another corsair 750W TX , same symptoms and still reads a little low in BIOS , 11.0V.

Reduced length of HDMI to 1.8M , why not. No difference. Will log a ticket with support tomorrow if that is the road to take.

Any input would be most welcome. May send a more coherent post tomorrow. See this mentioned on many forums. z390 370 and earlier.

Event viewer detail to follow. Sometimes nvidia driver crash and recovery , few others but will provide later. Can't boot right now.

Thanks..
    Last edited by Pablo99; 04-17-2019 at 08:16 AM.

New ROGer Array Pablo99 PC Specs
    Pablo99 PC Specs
    MotherboardZ390-F
    Processor9700K
    Memory (part number)CMK16GX4M2D3000C16
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GTX1070 SC
    Storage #1Samsung 970 EVO 500G
    CPU CoolerEK Velocity
    CaseThermaltake The Tower
    Power SupplyCorsair TX750W

My fix was very simple in the end..

The change in fan speed was quite annoying. So back to cabling. Foolishly I had installed PSU extensions and had never removed them during troubleshooting. When I checked the 8 pin CPU connector one wire was separated from the pin and was just leaning on it. Based on that I removed the ATX / PCIE cables also.

After that it came up no problems. No problems at all now..

Every day is a school day sometimes..

For now it is good , 0905 bios and 425.31 nvidia driver.

Thanks...

ROG Member Array

@Pablo99

I think, this isn't the same issue we have.

Now with newest Bios 0905 on the Asus Z390-F Gaming and same issue is still present. Nothing changes, no newer GPU Installed like RTX 2060 / RTX 2070 will work. Now i remove the ASUS Mainboard and change to another manufacturer.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast