cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus XI Hero | 64GB Ram | Supported Modules

irishj
Level 7
Hello,

I'm planning on upgrading a machine on my LAN, utilizing a Maximus XI Hero and 64GB Ram.

I've looked up some Ram which I think is supported, but looking for confirmation before blowing over £800 on it.

The RAM is G.Skill part : F4-3600C17Q-64GTZKW

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/g.skill-trident-z-64gb-4x16gb-ddr4-pc4-28800c17-3600mhz-quad-channel-...

My concern is that on the product page, it says "Quad Channel" and I know this board only supports Dual Channel. Is it stating the product is Quad Channel as there are four modules and will it work in this board ? If not, does anyone have any alternate support module suggestions in 64GB kit ?

Many Thanks !
3 REPLIES 3

HiVizMan
Level 40
Mate 4 sticks will work - and if you want to get the benefit of dual channel memory as supported by your motherboard then you will need to find 2 x 32GB Ram sticks. I do know that there is ECC rated ram in 32GB size modules.

Real world difference between dual channel and not is un-noticeable. The amount of RAM is however a very big plus.

Quick question are you planning on using his as a server for critical operational or data purposes? If yes the ECC ram run at stock would be my advice.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Hey,

Appreciate the reply - Yes, it's for a server upgrade, but nothing which would be considered "production" and require ECC ram.

Will order that set once the funds become available. Appreciate your advice.

HiVizMan
Level 40
All good Irish you take care and post up once you get the ram installed mate.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.