cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this Benchmark Performance good?

FoxAdriano
Level 11
Hi, I have just done this test of Benchmark Performance. In your opinion is it good? Thanks
9 REPLIES 9

JustinThyme
Level 13
Use Crystaldiskmark instead.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

FoxAdriano
Level 11
Hi, I have just made the Benchmark with CrystalDiskMark 5. These are the result. Could you tell me if the Benchmark Performances are good? "C" is where I have the Windows 10 OS and "E" is where I put my clips to make videoediting with Edius 9 that uses only the processor. Thanks

EDIT: These are the tx files I saved: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9wg9toymqm2t1yn/C%20CDM_20181030105631.txt?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zofqlfpadjypbk8/E%20CDM_20181030110242.txt?dl=0

FoxAdriano
Level 11
Please, tell me.

HiVizMan
Level 40
It is not bad - however what ever back ground stuff you have running will make a difference. The AV, browsers all impact, how old is your OS. All these things.

To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

JustinThyme
Level 13
The large file sequential is OK and makes a difference when moving large files.
The place where the performance really counts is in the 4K section.

Same drive in my machine

A pair of Intel 900P drives in VROC raid0

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

FoxAdriano
Level 11
I thank you for your availability but ... I'0m sorry, I don't understand if my result about 4K is good.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Your result is good my friend. You have a very quick system.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

FoxAdriano
Level 11
Could I ask another question please? Today I made a Copy/Paste of a folder with many video clips, It is around 280GB. I pasted that folder to a external hardrive with USB3 port. Except that it took many minutes, maybe much more than one hour (I don't remember well) but what I'd like to know is: why even saving a huge archive my PC is silent as if it was copying a 10 MB file? Should it not increase the power of the processors and make more noise? Maybe did I configured the BIOS badly? THANKS for your info.

HiVizMan
Level 40
External USB drive is limited by the speed of the USB device. USB is UP TO 640 MBps
USB port used for that device will determine speed. So a USB 2 port will only work max 60MBps.

Thing to remember those are the max speeds.

Moving that amount of data is not particularly hard work for your system, or any modern system these days. So no it will not ramp up the CPU core's at all, or very much. The IMC will work, internal memory controller, as it is handling the short term storage during the transfer. Some other bits of the board hardware will have 'work' handed over to that component like the USB controller...

So nothing to worry about.