cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X399-E STRIX NVME RAID 0 Issue with 2950X

gyiku
Level 7
Hello,

Tried to create bootable raid array with 2 ssds. When I wanted to install Win 1809 the array was not visible during the installation at the partition part after the raid drivers were loaded. The ssds were there, but as 2 different disks.
Then tried with Win 1803, here I was able to intall Windows on the array, but after the first reboot I get an error message that: Something went wrong during the installation, or there was some error, therefore please reboot and start over the installation process.
I set the uefi settings to default, still got the same issue.

I tried bios 0807 and 0808 as well.

Any idea what is wrong here?
Thanks.
13 REPLIES 13

HiVizMan
Level 40
Hello there could you list the bios settings you enabled to install your OS in RAID?

Only interested in any settings that you changed.

When installing an OS on to a RAID I strongly urge folks not to have any other harddrives or storage devices connected. The RAID will not be listed prior to the install, but you can proceed with the install of OS.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

only the 2ssd were hooked up to the board

CSB disabled,
Sata raid enabled,
NVME raid enabled
got the raidxpertII menu unlocked,
all array deleted, created one with raid 0

that's all.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Cool thank you.

Did you disable CSM? (Compatibility Support Module) I am assuming you have.

So basically you have followed section 4 in the user manual exactly yes?

OK have you downloaded the Ryzen driver from AMD? https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/NVMe-RAID-Support-for-the-AMD-Ryzen-Threadripper-pla...

I am just making sure that I understand that you have done all the steps. So that I can eliminate some factors and try and work out a solution for you.

Let me know please, I will check back later this afternoon.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

All correct.
Thanks a lot.

what drives are you using?

streak1232 wrote:
what drives are you using?

512gb 960pros

looks bad, huh?

gyiku wrote:
All correct.
Thanks a lot.

Outstanding thank you for posting back.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Are you still having problems?

I think your "all correct" was taken as you solved it.

Anything in this thread and the links in it help? https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?100242-ASUS-ROG-Zenith-EXTREME-NVME-Raid-0