cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL703GE use Asus or Nvidia driver?

flyinion
Level 12
Hi guys, I'm sure this has probably been asked before but I couldn't find much in the search box. I just picked up a GL703GE with the 1050Ti (mostly for my wife who doesn't game and very occasional WoW or D3 for me if I'm on the road) and I'm wondering what the correct way is to keep the Nvidia driver up to date on a laptop? I've read in the past that laptop mfr's will sometimes do customized tweaks (fan profiles/etc) to the reference drivers so I'm not sure if I should get drivers directly from Nvidia or just stick with the Asus version? The Asus version isn't "that" out of date but it's still a couple months old. This is my first laptop in like 8 years so I'm not really sure what the best way to deal with things like that is now.
4 REPLIES 4

tap002
Level 9
In your start menu you should have NVIDIA Corporation/ GeForce Experience. Let GeForce Experience update nvidia drivers (check settings, receive pop up when new download available). Display adapters drivers, in your device manager are provided by Asus, both nvidia 1050i and Intel 630 graphics. GL703GE support page will provide updated versions of those; originals would be in C:/esupport folder, (generally I just leave that to windows update).

tap002
Level 9
In you start menu you should have NVIDIA Corporation/ GeForce Experience. Update nvidia drivers through GeForce experience (check setting, pop up when download available). The Display Adapter drivers in device manager are provided by Asus, originals are in C:/esupport folder. GL703GE support page will have updated versions, (generally I just leave them to windows update).

tap002 wrote:
In you start menu you should have NVIDIA Corporation/ GeForce Experience. Update nvidia drivers through GeForce experience (check setting, pop up when download available). The Display Adapter drivers in device manager are provided by Asus, originals are in C:/esupport folder. GL703GE support page will have updated versions, (generally I just leave them to windows update).

Thanks. Am I right in seeing that GeForce Experience requires you to log in to use it? I never install it on my desktop as it was always seen as bloatware originally.

FULLMETALJACKET
Level 11
Just download the latest drivers from Nvidia website