Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

i can't see the vrm temperature

i can't see the vrm temp anyone else? i did see it before the update but i also had a different *processor before the update i was testing the board with intel G4900
    also it seem to be difficult to keep stable at 5gh or even at stock as the clock reaches 800mhz randomly while using time spy 2016 i am using now the 9900k on asus z390 hero wifi
    Last edited by teckgeek; 11-06-2018 at 08:38 PM.

ROG Junior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by teckgeek View Post
    i can't see the vrm temp anyone else? i did see it before the update but i also had a different *processor before the update i was testing the board with intel G4900
    also it seem to be difficult to keep stable at 5gh or even at stock as the clock reaches 800mhz randomly while using time spy 2016 i am using now the 9900k on asus z390 hero wifi
    for stability when overclocking I would disable speed step or at least set performance mode as have a clock that drops low will make it harder to keep stable same with offset voltage vs a manual voltage. its not that they cant work it just adds another variable

ROG Member Array

Hi..
    The 0506 and 0602 bios not works fine with my Z390F gaming board(9900K)....all bios setting is default, and cold boot,double boot.Why i dont know?
    But the first bios 0224,works fine with my board...
    Last edited by ScomComputers LTD.; 11-07-2018 at 01:13 PM.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Demon09 View Post
    for stability when overclocking I would disable speed step or at least set performance mode as have a clock that drops low will make it harder to keep stable same with offset voltage vs a manual voltage. its not that they cant work it just adds another variable
    i have it set to 5 ghz all cores with offset 2x and 4700 cache and xmp1 (gskill 3200 mhz cl14 ) with vccio and cpu system agent *
    to 1.2 5v and vcore to 1.285 and disabled all the power save options now running stable but running hot spikes to 95c with intel extreme stress testing and mid 80 gaming dang it intel this processor would have been great if they *used 10nm level *they already pushed this die size do the max ...
    Last edited by teckgeek; 11-08-2018 at 01:52 AM.

ROG Junior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by teckgeek View Post
    i have it set to 5 ghz all cores with offset 2x and 4700 cache and xmp1 (gskill 3200 mhz cl14 ) with vccio and cpu system agent *
    to 1.2 5v and vcore to 1.285 and disabled all the power save options now running stable but running hot spikes to 95c with intel extreme stress testing and mid 80 gaming dang it intel this processor would have been great if they *used 10nm level *they already pushed this die size do the max ...
    a lot of it has to do with ring bus and not scaling well as core count goes up theirs a reason the bigger core count chips don't use ring bus. but its also a combination of the die is a little thicker as some were able to sand it down when delid and get good temp drops but thats a extreme move. it drops about 6c from a delid which is about on par with most other cpus so the solder job is fine. its just ring bus was never designed to run a 8 core chip at 1.2v-1.3v and the 9900k is truly showing this. I bought an 8086k for a deal and will be happy with it for quite sometime since I don't do anything that really needs 8 cores or the struggle of trying to cool it being able to cool my delided 8086k at 5ghz with a noctua dh15 and only spike to 70c in stress tests is good for me.

ROG Junior Member Array

If I am running an 8086k on the asus z390 prime-a is there any reason to update this bios? my policy most times on bio updates is don't do them unless it fixes something

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

If you are currently running that CPU on that specific board, and the system set up you have does all you want and need your system to do. Then NO. Leave it alone, why fix something that is not broken.

Enjoy
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

ROG Member Array

hello, arrived the rog Maximus XI Formula put immediately the last bios,
    it happens to me when I restart the pc I have within bios, I stop some fans, I have to turn off the pc, I tried several fans seems a bug of the bios, sometimes when it happens tells me that error is missing the fan control. what do you think?

ROG Member Array

ok so i have done some research and found out that asus uses 4 phase vrm which is shady move since they are advertising it as 8 phases and also uses cheap *voltage control which leads to *A lot of voltage fluctuations *which means one needs to supply more voltage to get things stable which also leads to higher temperature Components *i'm going to RMA this motherboards I don't support shady moves from companies *and since all the other board companies *have 10+phases on this price range i am going with another board * shame on asus I was always a fan of their mother boards and always used asus motherboards....

ROG Member Array

using karken 72 aio water cooling system it is well worth it with this CPU my temp went from 95+ to 75c under intel *xtreme *stress test and used another board that has alot more phases and all good now..and thats at 5ghz all cores and i can now push more overclock if i want but i am happy at this for now.. so if you want to over clock the i9 9900k you need a good aio water cooler and a board that has more phases...

Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast