Keyboard Logitech G810
    Mouse Asus Spartha
    Headset Hyper X Cloud Revolver S
    Mouse Pad Hyper X Fury S 900mx420mm
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z337
    OS Windows 10 64btis
    Network RouterTpLink Archer C9
    Accessory #1 EKWB FANs all of them

odd issue. no idea what is going on. same happens to me yesterday. i manage to put the bios. but on a same machine as mine. minus the gpu that is a 2080ti, mine is a 1080ti. and apps are not working. spend 6 to 8 h trying to troubleshot that.

On the oc department. and i do not have a voltimeter. I make a oc to 5.0 something basic. numbers on voltage where the same as AI suite and hwinfo64. i am going the 1105 with no issues and no blue screen. since i have the 360aio. also is reporting the same numbers on the other 3 apps.

so odd stuff what is going on.
    Learn, Play Enjoy!

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Jemsaal View Post
    I wouldn't. I just updated and am having all types of troubles. My stable OCs are no longer stable, even if I drop it from 5.08 to 5.00. The voltage reads wrong, and sometimes upwards of a full .1 volts (last night HWiNFO was reading 1.24 volts in the vcore or something like that, but my multimeter was showing 1.35 volts for the vcore. I also popped open the Intel Extreme Tuning software as well as the Asus AI suite and the voltage reading in both of them were off as well. Before 1105, they were all reading dead-on even with the multimeter. I've also seen voltage number in the Bios sit at unacceptable rangers (purple and red) without me changing them (I did have it set to auto, however).

Right now, I'm trying to find a way to go back to 1005 but everything I've tried so far, including unplugging the system and popping the CMOS battery out for a complete reset of the BIOS. Still nothing. Right now, I'm stuck with a computer I've invested close to five thousand dollars into running at stock speeds because the new BIOS can't handle anything else.
    I had a major issue with 1105 as several others with the same issue, it did a number on my Maximus XI Code motherboard, performance drop on the system using this BIOS version, it did something to my USB port so no other BIOS previous to this version is recognized.

See my post on page 24 along with the gentleman with the same issue. Thank goodness for the dedicated BIOS slot on the code XI board, got rid of 1105 and all is back to normal.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...imus-XI/page24

New ROGer Array Jemsaal PC Specs
    Jemsaal PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus XI Formula
    ProcessorI9 9900k
    Memory (part number)4x16 Corsair Dominator DDR 4 3200
    Graphics Card #1RTX 2080 (MSI Gaming Trio)
    Storage #1Samsung 970 M.2 1T
    CPU CoolerEKWB Waterloop: 560mm Rad (4 -140mm fans)
    CaseThermalTake 900
    Power SupplyCorsair HX 850
    Keyboard GSkill RipJaws KM570 (Cherry MX Red Switches)
    OS Win 10
    Accessory #1 Soon: EKWB Pump and Second Loop-GPU
    Accessory #2 Soon: 3rd Pump and Loop: VRMs and Memory
    Accessory #3 Kingwin Media Dashboard

Quote Originally Posted by MarvC View Post
    I had a major issue with 1105 as several others with the same issue, it did a number on my Maximus XI Code motherboard, performance drop on the system using this BIOS version, it did something to my USB port so no other BIOS previous to this version is recognized.

See my post on page 24 along with the gentleman with the same issue. Thank goodness for the dedicated BIOS slot on the code XI board, got rid of 1105 and all is back to normal.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...imus-XI/page24
    Oh trust me, I read over that and other posts several times in my frustration of trying to figure out what was going on! For me, the dedicated BIOS slot wasn't even work. I finally got it fixed by pulling out an old DVD drive and installing it, then copying the BIOS files from the original installation disk it to the flashdrive. Then, I went back through the process with the button and it wasn't working again. I think I turned it off while it was reading it at one point, and then tried again and it decided it wanted to read the file on the flash drive. Since then, I've updated to two or three difference BIOSes, but none of them are stable anymore.

I fear that 1105 BIOS drove too many volts and since it was reading incorrect, I didn't know. And, now, my chip is degraded. I hope that isn't the issue, but we'll see. If it is, though, I will not be a happy camper.

New ROGer Array

I have noticed the same with Formula XI on 1105

Quote Originally Posted by Melkor View Post
    So far on bios 1105 I see one thing changed at least for XI Hero: CPU current capability max is now 140% down from 170%. Don't know if it matters anyway. Will do some testing tomorrow.

I have noticed the same with Formula XI on 1105 CPU current capability max is now 140% down from 170%.

I'm also not exactly sure on how affecting this will be for my 5ghz overclock on 9900k however even from changing from Auto to 140% with everything adaptive voltage auto I can see it wants to draw a little more power although I'm still stable however since the upgrade I have not done full stress testing yet.

I cannot understand why ASUS would want to take features away in bios updates I should not have to LN2 jumper if it was available in the first place.

Can anyone please help defuse my impatience with the lack of communication on what exactly gets updated on these bios revisions?

ASUS are you even aware of this and why???

New ROGer Array

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Jemsaal View Post
    Oh trust me, I read over that and other posts several times in my frustration of trying to figure out what was going on! For me, the dedicated BIOS slot wasn't even work. I finally got it fixed by pulling out an old DVD drive and installing it, then copying the BIOS files from the original installation disk it to the flashdrive. Then, I went back through the process with the button and it wasn't working again. I think I turned it off while it was reading it at one point, and then tried again and it decided it wanted to read the file on the flash drive. Since then, I've updated to two or three difference BIOSes, but none of them are stable anymore.

I fear that 1105 BIOS drove too many volts and since it was reading incorrect, I didn't know. And, now, my chip is degraded. I hope that isn't the issue, but we'll see. If it is, though, I will not be a happy camper.
    I spent two days attempting to back-track to an earlier BIOS, to me 1105 is a faulty BIOS, its still on ASUS's website...This was a first time issue ever with a BIOS upgrade. I usually check for owners reporting the success and or shortcomings of new releases. This one I didnt and paid for that mistake.

Glad you were able to partially resolve the issue, hopefully no damage done to the CPU, its a pain in the rear spending that much time!
    Last edited by MarvC; 07-10-2019 at 05:02 PM.

Jemsaal PC Specs
    ProcessorI9 9900k
    CaseThermalTake 900
    OS Win 10

Quote Originally Posted by MarvC View Post
    I spent two days attempting to back-track to an earlier BIOS, to me 1105 is a faulty BIOS, its still on ASUS's website...This was a first time issue ever with a BIOS upgrade. I usually check for owners reporting the success and or shortcomings of new releases. This one I didnt and paid for that mistake.

Glad you were able to partially resolve the issue, hopefully no damage done to the CPU, its a pain in the rear spending that much time!
    I usually wait a while to update BIOS as well. However, I have about seven hundred dollars worth of parts to install over the next week and I wanted to update the BIOS and see where I can get with Benchmarks. Maybe push my OC a bit after getting my other two loops installed (yes, overkill, but I enjoy it!). Of course now, I'm sitting here wondering why I'd ever put three loops on a system that can't run anything past stock without crashing.

I can't express how upset I am with Asus at the moment. If that BIOS really did damage my chip, I'll be buying a new board and chip in six months (this one is only six months old) and the board definitely won't be Asus. Not after I took a quick gander today and noticed other socket-sized boards having problem with their BIOSes as well in new updates. And that's a shame since I used to only buy Asus MOBOs. I even have my Rampage III Formula still sitting in my closet with my I7-940 in it. Earler this year, I got an MSI ACE for this I9, and returned it because I felt like I was settling and instead, went for the Formula.

Now, I wish I hadn't.

Jemsaal PC Specs
    ProcessorI9 9900k
    CaseThermalTake 900
    OS Win 10

Quote Originally Posted by MrAgapiGC View Post
    odd issue. no idea what is going on. same happens to me yesterday. i manage to put the bios. but on a same machine as mine. minus the gpu that is a 2080ti, mine is a 1080ti. and apps are not working. spend 6 to 8 h trying to troubleshot that.

On the oc department. and i do not have a voltimeter. I make a oc to 5.0 something basic. numbers on voltage where the same as AI suite and hwinfo64. i am going the 1105 with no issues and no blue screen. since i have the 360aio. also is reporting the same numbers on the other 3 apps.

so odd stuff what is going on.
    Honestly, after my experience, I'd buy a 20-30 dollar multimeter from Amazon and test the volts at the VRMs. All of my software says my volts are great. But the temps look too high any time I try to push the system, which is indicative of volts being to high.

ROG Member Array

Aucun soucis avec le bios 1005 sur Maximus XI Héro

ROG Member Array

1105 pardon

ROG Member Array

I'm running 1105 with no problems, overclocked to 4.9 GHz with offset voltage. No noticeable difference from previous BIOS versions.

Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast