cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No new CH7 firmware ?

Rares
Level 7
So, it's the end of the month and no update so far. What is going on Asus ? We are (still) waiting for an update... Elmor...? ...total silence...

BTW: I don't know what is going on with Asus lately, but surely is NOT good.
16 REPLIES 16

Hurricane28
Level 10
There has been an update named BIOS 1101 but its flawed and people including me got GPU and audio problems with it the agesa code worked fine as i could achieve better results but i couldn't get the audio to work properly, had to flash to 1001 BIOS and all is well now. 1001 BIOS is also been retracted without further notice.. people asked about this a couple of times but like you said, total silence.

No joy... ;-( LED EC2 Version Blank.....

My System still works fine once booted but No AURA Lighting Effects and takes 30 minutes to boot with Bios is updating led firmware Message....

I'm going to arrange an RMA return to ASUS via my supplier. This is a pain as I live in a Regional area and the store I purchased the Motherboard is a fair distance away so if I wish to return the Motherboard I will need to take a whole day off to do so. I could arrange a courier or postal return but this will take several days. I'm also not happy about having to teardown my system to remove the Motherboard. Was updating to 1001 BIOS a big mistake... YES
Have now tried to downgrade BIOS to 0801 but no joy at all, the damage has been done... Also have tried the latest beta BIOS as a last ditch attempt.. ;-(

Have checked hardware all connectors appear okay. No issues before BIOS 1001 Update... This BIOS has since been removed from ASUS Support Site... ;-(

Dicehunter
Level 10
Yeah would be nice to get AGESA 1.0.0.6.

Baio73
Level 8
Rares wrote:
So, it's the end of the month and no update so far. What is going on Asus ? We are (still) waiting for an update... Elmor...? ...total silence...

BTW: I don't know what is going on with Asus lately, but surely is NOT good.

Elmor has left his employement in ASUS… in his bye bye post he told the target date for new BIOS (AGESA 1.0.0.6) is mid november.

Baio
CASE Lian Li 011D XL CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3D COOLER Corsair H150i Elite Capellix MOBO Asus ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming Wifi RAM 2x16Gb Corsair Dominator Titanium 6000 [CMP32GX5M2B6000Z30] PSU Asus Thor 1200P VGA Asus ROG Strix RX 6900XT DISPLAY LG 34GK950GF AUDIO Logitech G560 SDD NVMe WD Black SN850 4Tb INPUT Logitech Pro wireless + Powerplay + Corsair MM 700 RGB - Corsair K100

Baio73 wrote:
Elmor has left his employement in ASUS… in his bye bye post he told the target date for new BIOS (AGESA 1.0.0.6) is mid november.

Baio

Elmor left Asus ??? Seriously ?

Baio73 wrote:

Baio

Thanks for the info.

BIOS 1002 just gt posted to the ASUS Site today for the CH7 Hero MB.

I have not installed it yet... waiting for answers to if it is stable or not.
and which agesa code is with it etc.

NightHawkSoup

Baio73 wrote:

Baio

Hey Baio,

Could you please link me to his goodbye post? I would like to read it. Thanks Heaps :). It is really sad to hear that he is leaving Asus though :(. He was like the 'last jedi' and 'our only hope' (of another bios revision) :p:p. Haha

bigtop1967
Level 9
It would be nice for someone from ASUS to be updating us here or overclock.net now we don't have Elmor, who was invaluable to us all.

It would be nice to see some activity here from others from ASUS anyway - this forum has been very quiet - apart from @gupsterg who does a great job of keeping it up to date, but perhaps now Elmor is gone, @Raja@ASUS could drop in occasionally and drop us some beta bios? We haven't seen you active in CH6/7 forums in some time 😞

Edit: how to we link to other users on this forum?
About me: I am dyslexic and DO occasionally miss things!

There are 10 types of people, those who understand binary, and those that don't.
F people in 10 don't understand hexadecimal