Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    If using a display port connection (especially with an aftermarket cable), switching to HDMI should help narrow things down.
    Some steps in the right direction for sure!
    I got home took out my super low end model GPU from ASUS put it into my gaming machine with a hdmi cable and it fired right up.
    I took my 1070 and put it into my streaming machine and it fired right up with HDMI
    I took the 1070 back out and couldn't get it to show anything on my DP cable connection with my Maximus X Hero...tried the Alien Ware DP cable too. Switched to HDMI on the 1070 and the display fired right up. Which is how i'm even typing this out for you now. My next question would be how do I utilize the Monitor's GSync and high refresh rate capabilities but still be able to boot up no problem without switching cables or what not...side note...how does my 1070 go from liking a DP cable to not?

Thank you for the help i feel the fix is near
    Last edited by carvinman; 11-05-2018 at 11:52 PM. Reason: addition

ROG Member Array

I'm going to test if this is the final fix tomorrow but I saw a video where a guy was having a similar problem, after I finally got to this point with everyone's help, and to get a display on his high refresh monitor was to unplug the monitor and the computer from it's power supply for 10 seconds or so. There seemed to be other problems leading up to this but I'll be embarrassed to say that this was the fix come tomorrow morning...but I've thought that it's fixed before and come to find out in the morning it isn't.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4