cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GamerOSD crashes other applications

Retired
Not applicable
I've just bought an ASUS GTX460 and after the installation of drivers and utilities (GamerOSD) a lot of applications just started to crash ( as example: yahoo messenger, StarCraft etc..). After a little bit of investigation I uninstalled the GamerOSD tool and the other applications started to work.

What is wrong with GamerOSD ? I took the last version from Asus website but the scenario is the same. What is the solution for this issue ?

Other info:

Thanks,
Dan
3 REPLIES 3

martin_metal_88
Level 8
OSD is just a crappy software which is completly useless. Just uninstall it and everything will be fine.
Martin_metal_88

Colenzo :Coolermaster ATCS 840 | Gigabyte's EP55-UD5 | Intel Core I7 860 @ 3.8Ghz | 4GB G.skill Trident 1600 | MSI GTX460 1GB HAWK Twin frozr | WD 640 black + WD 1TB green + WD 1TB Blue | Pionner DVR-216 | Silverstone Strider Plus 850W | Coolermaster Hyper 212 plus in push pull fan config |

Ask for more!

I am unfamiliar with GamerOSD. This means whoever made GamerOSD should have performed better tests before just releasing flawed software. Unless its well known to everyone dont even install it because its likely not needed. With most video cards these days just installing the latest drivers will make it work and make it work well. If you really want to get the extra 3-10 frames per second with overclocking then look for the other software to do that. I suggest going to the nvidia website to get current drivers and to also get the nvidia system tools with esa support (if you wish to overclock.)

martin_metal_88
Level 8
People are most likely to install only the software from Nvidia or AMD instead of the driver from the seller card ( ASUS, MSI, EVGA etc. ) That's why we rarely heard of software like OSD. But well, that remind me of the old ROG 8600 that was coming with a overclocking controller that was looking like a fan controller and that was a real joke how shitty it was working. The idea was good but there was some major bug in it.
Martin_metal_88

Colenzo :Coolermaster ATCS 840 | Gigabyte's EP55-UD5 | Intel Core I7 860 @ 3.8Ghz | 4GB G.skill Trident 1600 | MSI GTX460 1GB HAWK Twin frozr | WD 640 black + WD 1TB green + WD 1TB Blue | Pionner DVR-216 | Silverstone Strider Plus 850W | Coolermaster Hyper 212 plus in push pull fan config |

Ask for more!