Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Uninstalling Aura Core helped only untill reboot. After reboot keyboard backlight does not work at all. Still looking for viable solution.

New ROGer Array

its aura core

Im starting to think that it has to do with the newest update to aura core becuase theres wayyy to many notebooks being affected with this. I have a Gu501 and it sarted to affect me about the start of november and when i checked aura core updated itself dring that time. Anyone know how to get this problem to Asus to fix because its affecting too many people now lol
    https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...d-wont-stay-on

ROG Member Array

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by INZdk View Post
    Uninstalling Aura Core helped only untill reboot. After reboot keyboard backlight does not work at all. Still looking for viable solution.
    Confirmed. I did reboot before posting but when I let the laptop sit overnight and turned on in morning it didn't work. For now I am just starting the core program when I start the computer and sometimes I have to close and open it again. What a bummer. This is my first gaming laptop as I've always had and still have a pc and so far this is the only thing I'm having issues with.

ROG Junior Member Array

Angry Problem not going away

Clearly ASUS doesn't give two ****s about its users. I have tried all the solutions to look for a permanent fix to no avail.

My question still remains is what triggers this issue. Everything was fine until 24h ago and the keyboard backlight just never turned back on. Is there any competing software that triggers this issue? Is there a way to rollback to find out the source of the problem? Someone from Asus needs to be able to answer this because until then we're all just speculating

ROG Member Array

Reply from ASUS support

I received a reply from ASUS support and they linked me to their driver page. I feel misunderstood because they responded as if my keyboard backlight wasn't working at all. I linked them to this thread and hopefully they find a fix. Until then I will be playing COD :P

ROG Member Array

It's clearly something wrong with the new Aura Core version, someone have the older version somewhere to download?

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array tap002 PC Specs
    tap002 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ROG Strix GL703GE-IS74
    MotherboardASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. GL703GE
    Processori7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz
    Memory (part number)16GB DDR4 2666MHz DRAM
    Graphics Card #1GTX 1050i
    Storage #1MICRON 1100_MTFDDAV256TBN

Quote Originally Posted by Myl1ttlepwny View Post
    It's clearly something wrong with the new Aura Core version, someone have the older version somewhere to download?
    I have older version, tried it could not get keyboard to turn off? Even though I had auto update turned off in store the app would update, very frustrating. You can try it if you like: https://www.asuswebstorage.com/navig...1D2C95079A6D54 Let us know if it works for you.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array tap002 PC Specs
    tap002 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ROG Strix GL703GE-IS74
    MotherboardASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. GL703GE
    Processori7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz
    Memory (part number)16GB DDR4 2666MHz DRAM
    Graphics Card #1GTX 1050i
    Storage #1MICRON 1100_MTFDDAV256TBN

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by tap002 View Post
    I have older version, tried it could not get keyboard to turn off? Even though I had auto update turned off in store the app would update, very frustrating. You can try it if you like: https://www.asuswebstorage.com/navig...1D2C95079A6D54 Let us know if it works for you.
    I tried down grading the apps and its working. for me at least. has been tested for a day.

ROG Member Array

*** WORKING SOLUTION ***

Result: backlit will never turn off even on battery.
    How-to: click menu start -> right mouse button on ROG Aura Core (app from MS Store) -> more -> app settings -> in settings window click autostart tasks configuration -> turn Aura Core Listener off -> reboot PC.

Sorry if it's not exactly what you will see in options but it should be similar (I tried to translate from a polish version of Windows OS).
    Last edited by INZdk; 11-16-2018 at 10:31 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast