cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CH7 Hero BIOS 1002 Posted on ASUS site 11/2/18

NightHawkSoup
Level 7
Does anyone know if the new BIOS 1002 for the Crosshair 7 hero is stable or not?

Just saw where it was just posted today on the ASUS support site.

Any ideas on fixes or which Agesa code is with this update?

Thanks
NightHawkSoup
10 REPLIES 10

liakou
Level 7
I dont see any 1002 version. Latest I see on the support page is still 0804... Maybe they took it down already..?

still there as of 2 minutes ago.

here is a print screen of it

NightHawkSoup wrote:
still there as of 2 minutes ago.

here is a print screen of it

Guess I need to clear my cache.

EDIT: Well that didn't help but I discovered that when I choose other Windows version in the "Driver & Tools" section, 1002 appears :confused:
There's no changelog though.

liakou
Level 7
The guys over @overclock.net are flashing it. So we will soon find out about the AGESA version.

EDIT: Still AGESA 1.0.0.2 😞

Hurricane28
Level 10
Not worth it man, its the same agesa.. end november we get new Agesa, prior to that its not worth flashing another BIOS.

Do Asus have a thread about BIOS updates? I can't find any, and the drivers page doesn't provide much info...

Hurricane28 wrote:
Not worth it man, its the same agesa.. end november we get new Agesa, prior to that its not worth flashing another BIOS.

Not to sound nasty to Asus but I'm not holding my breath for an AGESA 1006 update as 1006 itself has been out since mid 2017 now and we still only have 1002.

Dicehunter wrote:
Not to sound nasty to Asus but I'm not holding my breath for an AGESA 1006 update as 1006 itself has been out since mid 2017 now and we still only have 1002.

This is a different agesa 1.0.0.6 than the one you are thinking of. They are not the same.

Hurricane28
Level 10
They have problems and blame AMD for it.. its in the AGESA code they are saying, this is weird as other manufacturers have no issues with the AGESA updates..

I hope we get AGESA soon and it works beter, if not i sell this board and get Gigabyte man, i've had about enough of this Assus bs to be fair.

I mean, if their own R&D engineer quits because of all the problems, they are in serious trouble man..

I am emailing Assus monday to see what they have to say about all of this. If you want answers don't come to the forums anymore because Assus isn't going to give any answers anymore on here nor on ocn.