cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2080 ti strix in canada

itsGucci-1921
Level 7
Has anyone here received their 2080 ti strix in Canada yet? I pre ordered one from Canada Computer a month ago and yet have they provide any information on when it will become available. I read on reddit that there’s been a shipment for the usa. Would that mean that Canada would get it as well?
20 REPLIES 20

Lush78
Level 7
I've been searching furiously for one too...

Mr__Fox
Level 12
For the most part, it seems as if the only 2080 Ti that are easy to source are the FE and off-brand versions that seem to be dying on people. The more robust models like the Strix, FTW3 and Duke do not seem to be in full production yet. Perhaps because they go through more rigorous testing for QC and maybe were found to have weaknesses that we're not properly fleshed out with the FE and off-brand "bargain" cards being slopped out the door in a hurry for the "I gotta be first" kiddos.
Wraith // EVGA Z690 Dark K|NGP|N | 13900K | RTX 4090 Suprim | 32GB DDR5 Hynix A-DIE @8200 | SuperNOVA 1600 P2 | HC-500A Chiller | MO-RA3 360 || DG-86
Banshee // ROG Z690 Apex | 13900KF | RTX 3090 K|INGP|N | 32GB DDR5 Hynix A-DIE @ 6800 | Corsair RM122x SHIFT | XT-45 NOVA || 5000D Airflow
Half-Breed // Precision 17 7720 | 7920HQ (BGA filth) | Quadro P5000 16GB (MXM) | 32GB DDR4 || Grade A Off-Lease Refurb

any update or news on the availability of the 2080 ti Strix? People on Reddit are reporting a few retailers had some available.

Korth
Level 14
I find that newegg.com consistently offers more stock than newegg.ca ... especially when buying the latest-and-greatest shiny new toys. Gotta pay a little extra for shipping unless you can arrange to pick it up on the other side of the border.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

Korth wrote:
I find that newegg.com consistently offers more stock than newegg.ca ... especially when buying the latest-and-greatest shiny new toys. Gotta pay a little extra for shipping unless you can arrange to pick it up on the other side of the border.

i wished i had the time to down the boarder. cant afford the gas

Anyone get a sniff of this in canada yet?

Lush78 wrote:
Anyone get a sniff of this in canada yet?

still havent heard anything on it yet

I was able to snipe one yesterday while refreshing on newegg.ca. I had it purchased before i received the stock notification i set.

JustinThyme
Level 13
There are EVGA in stock but a bit pricey $1400-$1500 USD.
I considered them for a passing moment. Just not enough improvement over the 1080Ti that I bought two of for the cost of one of these. Thanks Bit miners......

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein