Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG G752vy problem with motherboard

pabloart
Level 7
Hello everybody,
I have problem with my Asus.
The computer does not start. When the power supply is connected, the power LED is off. Power button doesn`t work. HDD is not working, the fan is not working. Nothing works.
The Service has found a defect on the motherboard (according to the service opinion - southbridge). The Service stated that the repair is unprofitable.
My question: can I buy somewhere motherboard to my laptop? Can I buy it directly from the manufacturer? Or, whether the southbridge can be desoldered?
Please, give me advice what should I do. I bought this Asus two years ago, warranty is gone.
8 REPLIES 8

toronto699
Level 13

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Your service center is stupid and needs Louis Rossmann.

navis995
Level 11
can you try powering the laptop on using your battery only (not the wall power)
Asus Rog G750JZ
Screen: 1920x1080 17.3'
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4700HQ (3.4Ghz @ -70mV)
GPU: GeForce GTX 880M 4GB (OC +125Mhz Core, +600Mhz Memory @ 1.062V)
RAM: Samsung 32GB 1600MHz
Storage #1: Samsung Evo 840 250GB
Storage #2: Samsung Evo 850 500GB
Storage #3: Seagate Barracuda 2TB
Storage #4: Samsung Evo 128GB MicroSD

I'm sorry for not answering. The situation is as follows: the seller exchanged the motherboard. It took a long time because the product was ordered abroad and the seller waited a month for the parcel. The computer starts and works. But the keyboard backlight does not work. I knew that this model of the computer has a problem with it, especially after the upgrade of Windows 10 (upgrade version 1809). Of course, I've updated all drivers. ATK (ver 050), chipset and SmartGesture (021). All from the official Asus website. My bios number: 304
It looks like I have to wait for the newer drivers to appear. Unless you have an idea ...

JustinThyme
Level 13
Seller sounds a bit shady. A month? In this modern day and age anything can be anywhere on the planet in 2-3 days if you pay the expedited fee, 5 days for priority and a week to 10 day for slow method. Had one put this on me before and I demanded the tracking info which they refused to provide. When I picked it up I told them I needed the box it came it for insurance purposes, the tracking was still on it. They waited 3 weeks before ordering and had it in 3 days. Didnt help me get it any faster but they reduced the price 20% after I threatened to smear them on social media with the evidence.

Keyboard back-lights could be a bad install on their part or a fault with the motherboard. I have no issues with the lastest version of windows 10 after uninstalling APK, wiping the registry values with Ccleaner and reinstalling whatever the lastest APK package is.

When you say you upgraded the chipset did you do this after the fact? This in and of itself will cause a myraid of problems. Just like this. Chipset drivers should only be installed as the very first thing following the windows install follwed by ME interface. after that then its whatever. I usually do graphics, then sound followed by everything else.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

This is a prefect example where a copy of the eSupport Folder is needed. The ASUS Installation Wizard should be applied first after the OS installation.

Need a copy of the eSupport Folder:

https://www.asustreiber.de/downloads/category/60-windows-10?start=10

Its' a German site, use translator, downloads are in English, DVD iso files. Make DVD or extract files to another folder and run AsInsWiz.exe. Install as many drivers or programs as you want.
G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
Homebuilt Windows Server

JustinThyme wrote:
wiping the registry values with Ccleaner and reinstalling whatever the lastest APK package is.

Well... I did not clean the registry. I just uninstalled drivers, reset computer and then reinstalled the drivers. Nowe I will try with this Ccleaner.
But in what order? First uninstall ATK and SmartGesture? Then clear the register - but what items? At the end, install the ATK and SmartGesture?

As I got the computer, I first installed the chipset, then the drivers. Of course, Windows was already installed.

JustinThyme
Level 13
Yes, uninstall, clean registry then reinstall. The Cleaner will find the orphans and dont be alarmed when you have a very long list of hits. Ive always just backed up when prompted and let it take out all the trash. The keys for this should be easily identifiable by name.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein