cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone teardown , looking for suggestions

sunnyhac
Level 7
There is a teardown video of the new ROG Phone. I am thinking of purchasing this phone but was curious what you guys think. Does it seem to be a phone that would last a long time or its just overrated? I have an ROG monitor and mobo but I am just thinking the phone looks so hard to fix if anything ever goes wrong with it.

https://youtu.be/ZLso_k9nIHc?t=1
6 REPLIES 6

ZiCott
Level 7
Just got the RoG Phone, and its great. So much better then the R@z3R Phone.

Screen is bright, and colors are like eye candy. Everything pops out.
Quick and snappy, and Zero Lag.

Thanks for the input, glad to hear its a good phone!

xeromist
From what I saw in Linus Tech Tips' overview of the device and accessories it seems like the hardware is solid but a little expensive. So if the price doesn't bother you and you're actually going to use it for gaming it should be a solid purchase. The only thing they didn't like in that overview was the desktop dock experience. But I'd say that's more a symptom of Android not being well suited.

I would caution you though that if you think you might want some of the accessories you should buy them up front. If you wait a year down the line these specialty accessories may no longer be available. It would be great if this became a standard ecosystem for portable gaming devices but the reality is that a lot of these specialty products don't get a refresh if sales numbers are low.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

oh i see! I'm not too interested in the additional accessories, maybe just that cooling fan it comes with but yea would kinda suck if down the line someone wanted something thats not sold anymore lol.

TBH, The Professional Dock is the only one I am seriously thinking about getting as soon as its available. Seems to be the one best suited for multi-device usage. Will surely test it with my work and gaming laptop with Type-C / Thunderbolt connectors.

I personally like the fan attachment. Not that I would want to carry it around with me all the time, but it isnt too bulky looking and knowing I can add extra cooling to it if need be, makes me feel better about it. Will have to wait n see once I have it